Bodyslide shape not showing up ingame

Alright, so I'm no newbie to using bodyslide as I've used it to the point of breaking my Skyrim a few times now, but for whatever reason, using it on Fallout 4, even with making sure the directory matches (doing that manually) and doing the edit in the fallout4custom.ini file, the preview images in bodyslide still don't have the textures showing up on them, and the edits don't show up ingame, is there anything else I might be missing about this that could be stopping it from working?

Alright, so I'm no newbie to using bodyslide as I've used it to the point of breaking my Skyrim a few times now, but for whatever reason, using it on Fallout 4, even with making sure the directory matches (doing that manually) and doing the edit in the fallout4custom.ini file, the preview images in bodyslide still don't have the textures showing up on them, and the edits don't show up ingame, is there anything else I might be missing about this that could be stopping it from working?

0. It may be mod fault.

1. Use NMM manager

2. Doe the texture work in BodySlide and OutfitStudio?

3. Check manually if the mod have all the textures in its texture folder

4. Maybe .esp file link to another mesh file, so you creating the mesh that doesn't connected to the game

5. Contact mod creator

0. It may be mod fault.

1. Use NMM manager

2. Doe the texture work in BodySlide and OutfitStudio?

3. Check manually if the mod have all the textures in its texture folder

4. Maybe .esp file link to another mesh file, so you creating the mesh that doesn't connected to the game

5. Contact mod creator

I've been using NMM for it, and the textures aren't showing up in BodySlide, can't find the textures in the Data/textures folder, I'm thinking part of the issue may be due to having a virtual install of the mods, I lack enough knowledge of how the virtual install works though to be positive of that =/

*EDIT*

Including an image of what's happening in BodySlide when I build a body...

03aeda4ccd23d56dfe5c0547ed406e3b.png

Even if the textures aren't installed properly, that wouldn't be a reason as to why the shape of your body isn't showing in game, you say you put the nif file in the directory manually. Than it should show up in game, strange how it isn't. I would second what Vitriks said about another mod linking the games bodies to somewhere else.

Are you using any mods like Unique Player or Unique followers. I know I've made the mistake a few times, not copying the .nif file to the directories that those mods create.

Even if the textures aren't installed properly, that wouldn't be a reason as to why the shape of your body isn't showing in game, you say you put the nif file in the directory manually. Than it should show up in game, strange how it isn't. I would second what Vitriks said about another mod linking the games bodies to somewhere else.

Are you using any mods like Unique Player or Unique followers. I know I've made the mistake a few times, not copying the .nif file to the directories that those mods create.

I didn't say that I'm putting the nif files in the directory manually, said that I set the directory manually for BodySlide to follow to find the game, but I'm not running Unique Player or Unique followers =/

The file path that BodySlide says when building a body looks right to me though when it builds one, as that is where my game is installed =/

Try looking for the CBBE folder in this directory: This was the default virtual install directory for me it might be different for you, C:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Fallout4\Mods\VirtualInstall. Overwrite the FemaleBody.nif file with the file you created in Bodyslide.

For virtual installs of mods, NMM is putting the mod files to wherever you selected and is creating a link to those files which I assume is overriding the file you have in the actual game directory. You can find out where your directory is by clicking on the Gears icon in NMM to bring up the settings and click on the Fallout 4 tab and next to Mod Directory will be the location NMM is putting certain files.

Well I'm stumped, you could take a look at this it helps explain how the linking system works. But I just don't have a clue what is causing your problem. =/

I don't know, just hope that either I can manage to figure it out, or someone else may come along that might know what's going on =/

Thanks for the help though ^^

Ok gonna sound like a total noob thing, but I managed to get it working, by simply uninstalling BodySlide for Fallout 4 in NMM, and reinstalling it, and just doing the batch build of all the bodies, and outfits again, and boom it works, no idea why the first install wasn't working as it said it was successful in making the outfits on a build or batch build, who knows, but if anyone's having a similar problem to what I was, give that a shot ^^

Archived