Converting gloves from Skyrim to FO4?

Perraine

Wondering if anyone has any advice/workflow for converting gloves from Skyrim meshes (custom meshes only of course) to work in FO4?

I've gotten converting outfits and footwear down to about 10 mins work now, but gloves are still a problem, because the hands and fingers never work right. The bottom of the forearm/wrists area always gets distorted using the built in OS Skyrim --> FO4 converter.

I've tried loading the CBBE hands as reference and copying the bone weights, but lining up the hands due to the different pose and position is a real pain, and never quite seems to work right.

Any help advice would be muchly appreciated :)

post-945957-0-46581500-1484042862_thumb.jpg

On my end. Port the gloves to Obj file. Then open it on blender or 3dxmax [What ever software suits you]. Import the fallout4 CBBE body and hands, then freeze to become a mold for the long gloves or gloves. Import the gloves your working on and move the "problimatic" vertices of the glove to its designated point to fit for fallout 4 usage.

Once done, export to obj. Back to Outfit Studio.

You can also use the brush tools of the outfit studio. inflate-deflate-move. I admit, I have problems with those.

The fingers can be solve through weight paint [outfit studio]... On 3dxmax you can select vertices and remove or adjust their weight. I don't have an Idea on blender.

Hope that helps.

Try asking the other outfit porters too. No harm done asking how they do it, though. :)

Thanks for the reply and the advice ...

I don't use blender, because I did something wrong in the installation order back when Skyrim came out, and forever after could never get it to work, plus the UI is atrocious! I used 3DS for  Skyrim, but my student license expired, so that's a no go as well.

I've had "some" small success with using the tools in OS the inflate/deflate and the 3D movement tools, the problem is that you can only work on one side at a time (mirroring obviously won't work on gloves) and no matter how hard I try, even writing down steps, I can never get both hands to look exactly the same. <sigh> maybe the BS/OS team will be real nice and create a Skyrim --> FO4 HAND converter reference :)

Archived