Shadow-casting lights make grid-pattern on certain objects/textiles

Orin_Linwe

This was originally posted on Reddit, but didn't get any response. Was directed here for more indepth-knowledge of CK. I apologize if cross-posting is frowned upon. 

Topic, basically. Refreshing a home and seeing an odd grid-pattern of shadows on some pillows in the home. It looks like this:

http://imgur.com/a/PIokf

It's not a huge deal, but that's not the way shadows should be cast on soft textile. Canvas pillows use vanilla texture and normal map from imperial tent (I believe), and colored pillows use custom textures and normal maps.

There is no grid pattern hanging over it (like a cage or something) and it keeps occurring no matter how I position the shadow-casting light source. In this picture, I have even put an 128 radius light source right in front of the "chair" to try to off-set the shadows, but no luck.

As you can hopefully see, shadows are cast appropriately on all other objects. This same behavior also occurs at the bed, which has similar pillows, and a lantern with a glass enclosure. I initially thought it was the transparent glass-structure that created the pattern (it uses plainglasstile01_n as normal map from vanilla, which has a slight amount of bumpiness to it).

As I said, not a big deal, but would be nice if I could get rid off it. Cheers.

EDIT: Should add that this home is currently using 4 shadow casting lights (plus one major non-shadow casting one for background warmth). Don't know if it is relevant, they are not flickering, as is the case when there are too many competing light sources.

I have tried stripping  the objects off any collision and furniture-marker but the effect is still there, so it doesn't appear to be based on collision either. 

Archived