Looking for a mod that unhides NPC apparel

Windbrand

By default the apparel worn by NPCs (basically any clothing that's not considered armor), like barkeep clothes, steward clothes, etc, is hidden until the NPC is dead. This means that I can't see it in their inventory even with the "perfect touch" pickpocket perk. Additionally I can't take the default clothing of a follower as well, as they never appear in their inventory. I know I can replace it with another outfit, but the moment I tell them to go home they revert back to the ugly default armor (like iron armor or something), I need to be able to completely trash their default armor. Does anyone know of a mod that unhides this weird restriction by Bethesda (probably an attempt to make stuff more PG friendly)?

Get an extended follower mod like UFO http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/14037

Use the dialog options "You know..." and then "You could dress better" or something like that can't really remember the dialog but it's something about dressing. The screen should get black for a moment and then you can just use the normal "I wanna trade things with you" option to get rid of the standart outfit.

Only works for followers.

Archived