30FPS: It's Worse Than You Think

Holden - DOAHDM

You might have noticed already that the "Movies" in DOA5 only play in 30FPS, vs the 60FPS of the actual gameplay. At this point you've probably gotten over it and just accepted it. I mean, 30FPS isn't that bad... right?

Wrong. You see, framerate in many game engines, including this one, affects more than just the number of frames displayed on your screen per second. It also affects the physics calculation, which I hope will be more than apparent once you watch this video.

This video is an open letter to those in the modding community who are far more technically inclined than I. Please try and find a way to make the movies run at 60FPS!

Good breast physics aren't as distant as you might think! The breast physics are not supposed to look so bad in the movies! The game is just meant to be played at 60FPS, and it's evident when you view this video, or if you just see the physics in Training or Versus! 

We don't need Soft Engine 2.0! We just need to make it so that the game runs like it does in versus mode!

You might have noticed already that the "Movies" in DOA5 only play in 30FPS, vs the 60FPS of the actual gameplay. At this point you've probably gotten over it and just accepted it. I mean, 30FPS isn't that bad... right?

Wrong. You see, framerate in many game engines, including this one, affects more than just the number of frames displayed on your screen per second. It also affects the physics calculation, which I hope will be more than apparent once you watch this video.

This video is an open letter to those in the modding community who are far more technically inclined than I. Please try and find a way to make the movies run at 60FPS!

Good breast physics aren't as distant as you might think! The breast physics are not supposed to look so bad in the movies! The game is just meant to be played at 60FPS, and it's evident when you view this video, or if you just see the physics in Training or Versus! 

We don't need Soft Engine 2.0! We just need to make it so that the game runs like it does in versus mode!

That would explains why the breasts physic doesn't move around like they supposed to.  I noticed it, but I never bother to understand why and thought TN is the one screwing it up and made it look like it's inferior than DOAX3 Fortune.

Archived