Ugly mesh error

AobaSeragaki

It seems like you have the wrong skeleton for the vampire lord. I've never used that mod before but I think mods that add extra "appendages" normally come with their own skeletons in order for the "appendages" to work well with the character models. Makes sense if you think about it. Or... if the Skeletons didn't come with the mod then the mod author should've included a clause stating which separate Skeleton you must download in order for the mod to work.

Therefore, first recheck the mod's individual files by opening it up with 7zip or extracting it onto your desktop and make sure that the same skeletons from the mod are ALSO present in your Skyrim Data folder. I believe Skeletons are somewhere in the Skyrim Install --> Data --> Meshes --> Actors folder. I find it very very very helpful to have one folder opened displaying the mod's files and another folder opened displaying what's inside your Skyrim directory -- for obvious reasons because you're trying to ensure all files from the mod installed successfully or were NOT overwritten at some random point in time. Hint: just because the files may have the same name doesn't always mean it's the same file, size matters. No pun intended.

Archived