Application Load Error V:000006532 when launching Creation Kit from Mod Organizer

Hi,

I am having a problem that has started to occur only since Creation Kit updated to the new version.

1.  have the latest creation kit (wish I did not) for Skyrim.

2.  Latest MO (1.3.11)

3.  Have updated the Steam client.

4.  Have rebooted my system.

5.  deleted creation kit and reinstalled it.

6.  Installed new instance of MO.

7.  Have looked all over on the web and find a few issues but not exactly the same.

The error is "Application load error v:0000065432" and is imitated by steam. I can launch creation kit normally, but not though Skyrim Mod Organizer.

If anyone else is seeing this and corrected it, would love to know what you did.  I am out of ideas and really prefer to use MO, may have to abandon it which would make me grumpy :)

thanks to anyone that has a suggestion,

-Xenok

Edit: Anyone have a backup of the previous version of CK?  That would likely correct the problem as well. If you could post it that would be awesome.

Answer:  Just in case anyone else runs into this the answer is very simple.  If for some reason your Creation Kit launch configuration end up with the box "Overwrite Steam AppID" unchecked, the error here is what you get.  Check that box and the problem is solved.

In my case I could not check the box.  I deleted the creation kit and added a new executable in and added the path to my binary for creation kit, the path to my skyrim directory, checked the overwrite steam appID and added the id of 202480 (Creation Kit id on steam) and it is now working.

Should anyone else see this happen this post may be useful, otherwise thanks to those that read it and especially to one person you gave a suggestion.

Good luck!

Thanks.

I had launched from steam.  As I had mentioned I can launch normally (which would be from steam) fine.   Its a good thought and the first place I want to try to address the issue.

Any other ideas would be great.  I am at a loss as to what to attempt next.  I may have to rip everything out and reinstall it all but that will be a few days before I have time to do that with the whole system.

-me

New Update:  Normally you cannot delete creation kit from the list of applications you run from Mod Organizer, I can.  not sure what that means but it means something?  Maybe.

Archived