Half(?) the HUD is missing.

RichterQ87

I hoped it wouldn't have to come to this but, it appears I have no choice. After scrounging the internet for every online topic I could find regarding my issue, I have come up empty handed and every similar issue's 'fix' didn't work out for me. I could only find two threads which I won't link since I'm not certain whether that's allowed or not and the first one said that it fixed itself after he finished the game (after the cutscene). But I'd rather not have to go through the entire game like this just to fix it. The second never found a solution.

So here's the problem in-depth:

Health bar is missing (And the radiation bar with it), XP is missing, drug effects at the bottom right of my screen is also missing, the pop-up I get when I discover location doesn't show up(except in my pip-boy for some reason. My XP also appears there) and neither does the sound play. Ammo display is also missing. However, my compass is still there, so is my crosshair and so is my AP bar. My power armor HUD works perfectly.

I do however see these things pop up occasionally and apparently it only happens when:

1. I look at power armor

2. I look at dead corpses

3. Look at general things I can interact with, such as containers and refrigerators.

4. Aiming.

Here's the album of images displaying the problem: http://imgur.com/a/eyG9L

Here are the things I've tried (Most of the recommendations I found):

1. Restarting the game.

2. Re-loading the save.

3. Verifying integrity of game cache.

4. Entering and exiting power armor.

5. Entering and exiting buildings.

6. Loading saves where the HUD wasn't like that and loading back. (HUD was okay on said save but it didn't work).

7. Making sure the HUD opacity was all the way up (Not really related to the nature of my problem but I'm desperate).

8. Using the tm command to disable and enable the HUD (Including the console).

9. Wandering aimlessly hoping things will fix themselves.

Things I haven't tried but can think of:

1. Installing a UI mod?

2. Re-installing Fallout 4 (Not happening.)

And that's everything I can think of. I hope you can help.

Okay, I found the source of the problem, but not the fix. 

I started the game with the 'Another Life - Alternative Start' mod only to find out later in the game that because of this, vertibirds don't have sound because It's tied to the first encounter with a vertibird over Sanctuary in the pre-war sequence. Mods that skip this (such as an alternate life) means that particular save will never have vertibird sounds. So, I used the recommended fix which was to open up console and type 'setstage 1ed86 400', 1ed86 being the intro quest War Never Changes. Stage 400 is the "Get to the Vault" flag.

Now, this fix did in fact add the vertibird sound but with the side effect being the problem of this topic. I hope that helps somewhat to find out how to fix this problem because I am stumped.

Fixed! 

For those interested, what I did was :

1. Downloaded and installed a mod called "Immersive HUD - iHUD (LITE)"

2. Loaded my save game

4. Went into my Pip-Boy and into misc and found the in-game item added by the mod near the bottom.

5. Activated the mod through the in-game item and then de-activated it.

6. Saved my game.

7. (Optional) Quit the game and uninstall the mod and load into your save.

Archived