Nexus Mod Manager Disconnected from Virtual Install Folder

allsunday

So I updated NMM recently (yeah, yeah Mod Organizer is better I know but that's not what this question is about) and when I opened it it asked me again to set the proper file paths for my game directory, mod directory, and virtual install folder. Ok, done. Everything's exactly the same as it was before.

But when I open up NMM to install or uninstall Fallout 4 mods, it now shows that no mods were ever installed. All my mods show up, of course, but it seems like it no longer recognizes the same Virtual Install folder so it has no clue what mods were installed before. Game still runs with all of the same mods installed, of course.

This is annoying and I'm willing to live with it because I normally install my mods manually anyway (sometimes I don't like some of the things in a mod and I get picky with the mod files) so what I want to know is if it's even possible to reconnect the Virtual Install folder properly to NMM so it can remember which mods were installed and which ones weren't -- or if not, then I'll just delete that damned folder because it takes up way too much space on my SSD.

Archived