[CLOSED] Seeking a programmer for a CoC-like game

Kreec

Hi, everyone,

I’m with a startup indie game company, and we need some help.  As some of you may already know, m0RV has been generating interest in a game that’s the spiritual successor to Corruption of Champions.

What we’re looking for now is a hungry programmer—a starving one, maybe—who wants to invest in his or her future and the future of adult gaming.

Applicants should love programming, so much so that they’d do it for free. We’re passionate people, and we work best with other passionate people.  We want someone who’s excited about another CoC-like game!  So if you work best without pants, this could be the position for you.  LOL

If we choose you, you get royalties for the game, so this is a lasting partnership. By the way, the game’s going to be free, of course, and have a Patreon, so what I’m talking about is a cut of the Patreon’s earnings.

To learn more and for contact information, please visit the thread at Lemmasoft or the thread at Fenoxo’s. And if you’re curious about what we’re doing, stop by the blog.  You can learn more about our favorite kinks under The Advent.  Oh, and the mockups provided for the GUI are old. The new stuff’s restricted for now, though.

Interested parties can contact the head honcho at voln.m0RV (-@-) gmail (-dot-) com .  Thanks for your time.

Cheers,
      Kreec
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:  We have several hopefuls.  This is your last chance to get in on the ground.  The art and the writing are brilliant, IMHO, and the fetish content targets a neglected niche market, one with money to spare.  This project is going to be huge!

If you find yourself interested, apply while you have the chance!

Hi Kreec,

gratz from me for chasing your dreams and working for an indie game studio. I would like to applicate for a programming positions in your company, but not in the next upcoming months, because currently I am in the last runs on my computer science degree and I am running low on time at the moment. So I hope there will be open positions left late this year. ;)

Also there I read on Lemmasoft that you will make your game in renpy and/or RPGMaker X. Will there maybe a possibility that there will be a project using Unity3D or Unreal Engine 4 in the future?

• 2 weeks later...

Also there I read on Lemmasoft that you will make your game in renpy and/or RPGMaker X. Will there maybe a possibility that there will be a project using Unity3D or Unreal Engine 4 in the future?

I hope so.  That would be amazing.

And yet, I’ve never seen a “compelling” 3D sex game, and I’ve been around.  They just can’t seem to get the physics, skin, and fat right.  Nothing grabs or reacts like it should.  Back when the Japanese discovered how to make soft-body polygons bounce, I had high hopes.  Alas, the pursuit seems to have stagnated there.

But wouldn’t it be something, though?  Just imagine a triple-A adult game, where the emphasis is placed on sex mini-games and animations.  That would break all kinds of new ground.  That’s probably m0RV’s wet dream.

Obviously, it’s out of the budget just now.  :P

And please do contact us if and when you’re able to contribute.  The project’s code is available for anyone who wants to play with it.  (So far it’s just a stub, basically.)

I hope so.  That would be amazing.

And yet, I’ve never seen a “compelling” 3D sex game, and I’ve been around.  They just can’t seem to get the physics, skin, and fat right.  Nothing grabs or reacts like it should.  Back when the Japanese discovered how to make soft-body polygons bounce, I had high hopes.  Alas, the pursuit seems to have stagnated there.

Speaking from the consumer view I like all kind of games, if they are well done and I think that is the problem with most of the current sex games. Most are using DAZ3D Characters from second and third generation, rendering them in a sterile environment and putting those pictures into renpy or rpgmaker with a bit of some not appealing story and text. But I can't and will not blame anyone for that, because making a game is difficult and especially making assets. And in relation to a 3D game it is even more crucial as you stated with the physics and textures.

There a some very good sex games, because they appeal to me on a more story driven approach. Take CoC or Tits. Sure, not everybody likes the furry material, but both games are written in a way, that your mind creates the environment and the scenes, also you have progression. Or take Kerny's Abandoned game. It's far from perfect, but I like playing it, because it's more interactive than most other games and also the progression you have with the two female characters is great.

But most western sex games sprouting on patreon these days are so boring, because they don't appeal on any level and most japanese games have "good graphics", either 2D or in some cases 3D, but they have no story whatsoever. Take Honey Select for example, sure it looks good, but that's it. After making two three characters creations you are bored to death. So for me, a good written story and in that context some kind of game like rpg mechanics and character customizabilty is far superior to visual. I want to see a good 3D sexgame, which can deliver that and I hope there will be in the future.

So stating that, I find your roadmap or vision for your project really interesting and compelling.

But wouldn’t it be something, though?  Just imagine a triple-A adult game, where the emphasis is placed on sex mini-games and animations.  That would break all kinds of new ground.  That’s probably m0RV’s wet dream.

Hahaha, who doesn't have that dream, don't you think? ;)

And yeah, guilty here. I am also dreaming about a "roguelike-lite" space travel sex game. So more wet dreams for the pile. :D

And please do contact us if and when you’re able to contribute.  The project’s code is available for anyone who wants to play with it.  (So far it’s just a stub, basically.)

Sure, will do :)

What kind of incentives does your team offer again? Royalties are a not incentive by themselves; anyone with the skills to program something like this could do it themselves or form their own team. Alternatively, i personally have a bunch of projects i work on and my time is valuable. Why invest in your team?

Also, skimming the forum post, mORV is pretty offensive in the way he talks about trans/futa content (among other things). He lumps sexual identity into gay/straight and then accuses people who are in the middle of denying they're gay. It's immature. A simple "no futa content" would suffice. 

Too busy to do someone's project for them, but grab Ren'py. You can learn the engine in less than a month and make a proper CoC-like game in it very, very easily. It will be way faster than getting a programer and the engine is free. VN's don't require much scripting, even with persistent data or abundance of choice. As long as you can read english you will manage.

What kind of incentives does your team offer again? Royalties are a not incentive by themselves; anyone with the skills to program something like this could do it themselves or form their own team. Alternatively, i personally have a bunch of projects i work on and my time is valuable. Why invest in your team?

Also, skimming the forum post, mORV is pretty offensive in the way he talks about trans/futa content (among other things). He lumps sexual identity into gay/straight and then accuses people who are in the middle of denying they're gay. It's immature. A simple "no futa content" would suffice. 

I'm not going to defend m0RV for his ...forthright manner.  He really is a friendly guy though, if that helps.  (And he is immature, but very good at erotica.)

Regarding incentives, I'm not the guy to convince you one way or another.  If you're really interested in the project, why not email m0RV directly and ask him?  He is hardcore and has been passionate about this stuff for most of his life.  (And I prefer not to play the middle man.)

Thanks for the comment.

Too busy to do someone's project for them, but grab Ren'py. You can learn the engine in less than a month and make a proper CoC-like game in it very, very easily. It will be way faster than getting a programer and the engine is free. VN's don't require much scripting, even with persistent data or abundance of choice. As long as you can read english you will manage.

Might just do that, thanks.

Archived