Player icon is a cave

I have scoured the depths of the internet for a solution to this and I'm no closer now than I was when I started my search.

The issue I am talking about is where either the player icon and customs icons, or just custom icons show up as a cave icon (similar to if not the exact one from Skyrim) and you can place it down but it does nothing, even fast travelling to it is disabled, anyone have any ideas what is happening, I can probably get a screenshot of this, I am using a map mod but I've seen this bug without the map mod installed too so I'm fairly certain it's not mod related.

I'd love to know if anyone has had this bug themselves or even managed to fix it, or even if you just have some advice on it.

Lots of people are saying it's either Zoom out extended for satellite maps or Cartographers Map Markers but I had this happen with neither one of them installed, I would love to enjoy the game but the cave icon is really off putting.

Just to note I do use Cartographers Map Markers and Satellite Color world Map Combo which I switched to because I had this problem with the other Satellite map mod I used.

Appreciate any help that comes my way.

20161119191932_1.jpg

Any information is helpful, at the moment I have had to settle for using a zoom out map mod to replace the pipboy_mappage.swf which as I was told by OldNick is what is causing the problems, but my issue was none of the mods I use or have used had that file in them, I wonder if that's a vanilla file and if Bethesda corrupted it somehow.

I would prefer to not have a massive zoom out map though but for now it's better than a cave icon

• 3 weeks later...

Archived