Game Lagging Like Crazy

Derp McDerp

I need help! I recently got the itch to start playing Fallout 4 again. My computer is fairly beefy and didn't have any issues with the game whatsoever at launch, even with higher settings. Flash forward to now and I've got a terminal case of lag death. My game continually freezes up for extremely long periods of time, sometimes minutes. It seems to be worst in Sanctuary, although this wasn't a problem until I could start building there. Anyway, I'm attaching my papyrus log and hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I can tell me what's going on. For reference, when I played at launch I obviously didn't have any DLCs, and now I have all of them.

Here are my mods: 

Fallout4.esm

DLCRobot.esm

DLCWorkshop01.esm

DLCCoast.esm

DLCWorkshop02.esm

DLCWorkshop03.esm

DLCNukaWorld.esm

Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp

ArmorKeywords.esm

Homemaker.esm

TrueStormsFO4.esm

CRP - Community Restraints Pack.esm

CBBE.esp

LooksMenu.esp

More Where That Came From Diamond City.esp

BetterSettlers.esp

BetterSettlersNoLollygagging.esp

BetterSettlersCleanFacePack.esp

AA Lots More Settlers and Enemies.esp

AA LMSE_FarHarbor.esp

AA LMSE_BetterSettlers11b_Patch.esp

SettlersRename.esp

Homemaker - Streetlights Use Passive Power.esp

Homemaker - Unlocked Institute Objects.esp

TrueStormsFO4-FarHarbor.esp

TrueStormsFO4-EarlierSunsets.esp

TrueStormsFO4-EarlierSunsetsFH.esp

TrueStormsFO4-NukaWorld-FH-Compat.esp

LongerPowerLines3x.esp

TheyWantThatAss.esp

NoAffinityCooldown.esp

SniperDamage.esp

dD-Enhanced Blood.esp

KSHairdos.esp

THBrows.esp

Natasha_Face_Texture.esp

The Eyes Of Beauty.esp

XCE.esp

WET.esp

AzarPonytailHairstyles.esp

Curie_Makeover_Happy_Edition.esp

DV-Deadly Vertibirds.esp

DV-No Levelled Vertibirds.esp

DV-Vertibird Explosive Minigun.esp

Armorsmith Extended.esp

MiscHairstyle.esp

Armorsmith All DLCs Patch.esp

UpgradedHuntingRifle.esp

rhlegendary.esp

Wintermute.esp

Ada2Human.esp

mk14.esp

Leyla The Companion.esp

Companion_BloodRose.esp

EveryonesBestFriend.esp

UnlimitedFollowers.esp

Cait CBBE Standalone LC.esp

LovingPiper.esp

Magnolia.esp

JC-Shirt and Jeans.esp

Lacy Underwear.esp

NukaRadBans.esp

Eli_Steampunk Gunslinger.esp

Suitdreams (3.Average).esp

Suitdreams (5.Very Heavy).esp

Suitdreams (3.Average_.esp

Papyrus.0.log

That won't really help you ,at all but...I had  that Lagging to  but not in Sanctuary .For me  that started when i had  lots of custom outfits ,weapons, Hair ,Skin texture and companions installed and in use on them .Then it would take longer to  load also when your companions  got teleportet to you (Vex,human dogmeat,Wintermute) it took longer. Not to mention switching into the inventory caused  lagging too.

Best thing you could try  is: Reduce the number of texture heavy Mods or get lower resolution versions / vanilla versions without custom clothes/wepons etc.Use just a few of your favourite Followers ,armors/clothes,basically keep it simple and see how that works out for you .

Lodorder f04.docx

Yeah, I guess I'm going to have to start pruning. The annoying thing is the inconsistency of it. This all started near the Corvega Plant, which apparently is lightbox hell, and then Sanctuary was bad, but only one time. Now and then I will get intermittent freezes (never an FPS drop, weirdly enough), and then back to normal.

It had similiar experiences only different locations.Radio Mods werent playing/running smooth either.

Stuttering when things exploded and switching weapons(Also giving your Companions grenades and molotovs...Big chance that it backfires and you char  gets blown to pieces).Happened alot to me.

In any case make a clean save , with Dlcs and perhaps patches/bugfixing Mods installed. Also check your fallout 4 Inis,just to be sure.

Archived