[CK2] Yet to be named "Invasion" mod

Ramia

>>> Edit: a little update on the mod's progress! <<<

HELLO PEOPLE!

Do you like hentai?

Do you love really weird fantasy erotica as a whole even if it gets in the way of your favourite medieval history simulator?

Do you absolutely ADORE Sunset Invasion?! wait forget I asked

So, I've been meaning to start working on some sweet nsfw CK2 mods for a while, and for the past month or so I dabbled a bit with its surprisingly ok modding framework to see what could and could not be done. The original idea was to create a whole separate map populated by "factions" (defined in game by a combination of religion and culture) of sexy half-monster-people, each with their own flavor and *balanced* gameplay perks.

While I did get a very simple map working, due to real life time limitations I decided it would be better for me to focus on the religions/cultures first, and only when they are ready I will shift my focus towards creating a map that will be naturally populated by them. The best way for me to test these factions in a real game is to, well, artificially poop them into existence with a bunch of troops and a really mean attitude just like the Aztecs! :)

None of the religions/cultures are finalized yet, but here's an example of what I have in mind for, say, Lamias (It may or may not be obvious that I like serpent people):

• Normal characters under the "Lamia" religion can (via decision) go through a mystical and probably  gruesome ritual to have their bottom half replaced. This process reduces their health and other stats for a significant amount of time, but permanently puts them among the "tailed" elite.
  • All tailed characters will dislike landless, tailless characters slightly, while tailless characters may look up to them with respect and reverence. Being a tailless liege of the Lamia religion will however give you SEVERE opinion penalties.
  • If possible, tailed characters should get the priority when it comes to succession. Ideally, tailless Lamian lieges should quickly become a rarity. The child of two tailed characters is already tailed at birth (and gets +1 diplomacy special trait for being pure blooded).
  • Imprisoned characters of other religions can be forced to go through the ritual at the cost of prestige and piety (Why bother forcing heathens to ascend to perfection?).
  • Particularly zealous AI characters will often attempt the ritual, while others will prefer to remain taillless. Some traits should prevent the AI from ever taking the decision (Craven, Infirm...)
  • Of course, there should also be a bunch of events that add to the flavour.
  • ...and much more!

So, what is this post about if I've got nothing to show ya? Well, I'm going to start working on the mod regardless, but if you have ANY ideas for a species, or a mechanic related to them that can be (realistically!) implemented in CK2, I'd be amazing if you let me know. Remember, this is not about a new map yet, but just the "species" themselves. If people chime in, I can make stuff for species that everyone's into, as opposed to things that are only for my own perverse entertainment :D

Anyhow, thanks for reading, I'll get to work now! Ta ta~ :heart:

Sounds pretty neat!  I'm not usually particularly for or against monster girls, but I'm always up for more kinky weird fantasy in my CK2.  As for races... well, I presume you've already thought of catgirls.  A winged race would be appealing to me -- angels or tengu or whatnot.  A hive-mind race of some sort would be interesting -- bee girls, or golem people, or something like that.  They could have a massive opinion bonus to their own race, but a massive penalty to those who don't share their hive mind.

The most interesting thing, of course, would be things that make the races distinct, whatever they may be.  Unique traits or mechanics, or just events that play on their unique psychology.  The naga race you described definitely sounds like a hit in that regard.

Good luck with this -- I'll be waiting eagerly to play it!

Thanks for the moral support :)

Sounds pretty neat!  I'm not usually particularly for or against monster girls, but I'm always up for more kinky weird fantasy in my CK2.  As for races... well, I presume you've already thought of catgirls.  A winged race would be appealing to me -- angels or tengu or whatnot.  A hive-mind race of some sort would be interesting -- bee girls, or golem people, or something like that.  They could have a massive opinion bonus to their own race, but a massive penalty to those who don't share their hive mind.

The most interesting thing, of course, would be things that make the races distinct, whatever they may be.  Unique traits or mechanics, or just events that play on their unique psychology.  The naga race you described definitely sounds like a hit in that regard.

Good luck with this -- I'll be waiting eagerly to play it!

Yes, catgirls might be the next ones after the snek-people, if I figure out how to create a society made up of mostly females with laws that actually work!

can you upload your files so i can check it out

I will upload the first version when the first race is ready to be played in a normal game! It shouldn't take long.

Sound pretty awesome!

Do you have any plan for portrait replacers? There's plenty of open spots left with the expanded ReMeDy system.

I would not be opposed to it! With some races it would be more necessary than others. Sadly I'm much better at being a programmer than doing any kind of art (although I'd like to learn...), so the static portraits would need to be borrowed from somewhere else. Good sources would be things like Monster Girl Quest, Monster Musume and so on.

So, yeah, if there is demand for it I could do that. Perhaps after the first version is up and running :)

little update on what's up:

Lamias are in! In-game they are the servants of the ancient egyptian lord of chaos "Apep". As such, they occupy the county of Cairo with a strong claim on the kingdom of egypt right after the Old Gods start, together with a tiny doomstack (~15k, I say tiny because aztecs arrive in the 60k or something), then they form their own special, titular empire ("Empire of Apep'ka). In my simulations as observer the AI is perfectly capable of conquering the egyptian region and maybe a little bit of territory surrounding it before stopping to blob. This is ok.

They have their own religion and culture, and I added the first few basics traits and events. Having a tail comes with a bunch of very nice perks (but members of other religions will despise you), while being tail-less makes you less prestigious and a bit disliked by your own kin. Other than a decision to suffer a special, very severe wound (-5 health) to get yourself a nice tail, they are still fairly blank.

So - before I delete this thread and post a new one with the official mod name and a download link, I will spend the next few days adding more unique decisions and events for the religion... among which will figure a couple of kinky things.  :)

Stay tuned :heart:

Nice!  I think associating them with regions and ethnicities is a good way to start -- CK2 has so many great portrait packs it's a shame not to use them.  It reminds me of a couple of other ideas I've had for monster races -- African or Mongol centaurs (not my kink, but popular among some people), Greek gorgons (like Medusa), and some form of Middle Eastern genies.  A genie could even have an event chain to develop their powers until, after a lot of dedication, they can make one wish, or something like that.

Nice!  I think associating them with regions and ethnicities is a good way to start -- CK2 has so many great portrait packs it's a shame not to use them.  It reminds me of a couple of other ideas I've had for monster races -- African or Mongol centaurs (not my kink, but popular among some people), Greek gorgons (like Medusa), and some form of Middle Eastern genies.  A genie could even have an event chain to develop their powers until, after a lot of dedication, they can make one wish, or something like that.

To the diligent follower Abraxis00

Your wisdom and mercy are legendary. We've decided to offer you the position of Ideas Guy. Do you accept?

Seriously though, I was alreading thinking about the possibility of centaurs somewhere down the line and you're right in suggesting that Mongols would be a great fit. I might need to get a few nomad games under my belt before I mod them in though (I think I only played nomads once so I'm a bit fuzzy on their mechanics).

Gorgons are a solid contender for the greek area, but so are tons of other mythological creatures, it's going to be hard to pick :)

Geniuses would be alright, however, I was thinking about catgirls being somewhere in the same region after I found out that in ancient Egyptian mythology, the snakey "Lord of Chaos Apep"  was very often depicted as killed by the god Ra in the form of a cat!

And that, well... that's just too good of an opportunity to pass up, isn't it? The snake people appear, so the kittens do as well.

Heh.  Thanks for the compliment!

Catgirls would definitely be great for the region, but here's an idea to make them stand out: put them in Nubia and Abyssinia.  Historically there was a lot of influence and conflict between the two regions -- conquest, diplomacy, alliances, you name it.  Having Nubian conquerors come out of the south to reestablish their reign over Egypt could be a lot of fun.  And having black catgirls would certainly be something you don't often see!

That would be a pretty good way to cover the ethiopian area, since otherwise I wouldn't really know what to put there. The idea of somehow covering the major areas of the world with various types of monster cuties is very appealing, even if originally I wanted the invasions to be a cheap, quick, simple way to test the monster-people before putting them in an original fantasy map.

Right now I'm thinking that a mod that causes periodical invasions by different, thematically-appropriate monster-people across the world would be good enough to stand on its own two feet (or tail).

Even better, I could make it so that each species appears at their pre-set location at a random point in the game, with an amount of event troops balanced according to the date (so that they are not too OP, and not too weak to be erased immediately). A player wanting to play as one particular species can simply fire their event via console and switch character.

idk, just spitballing here, but this is why I made this "pre-mod" thread after all. :)

Well, I think Orcs would be an obvious option with the ingame support for tribal and nomadic factions. Perhaps a goblin sub-species for those with frail or inbred traits. Maybe give them a high fertility, but lower health score to abstract them being a shorter-lived race. Not really sure where the best place to base them out of would be though(Mali/West Africa is usually pretty uneventful).

Lamia/nagas would probably add a bit of spice to the India region, so it might be more interesting to push them over there.

Elves(light and/or dark) could work for the Scandinavian region. (Extremely negative modifiers between light and dark could really make it an interesting power struggle between them.)

I definitely dig the idea of a feline race in the Egyptian/Nubian area, but it would put them right next to the Islam powerhouse. I don't know how sustainable it would be; might have to push it further south to Abyssia to help it survive. Of course, India could also work for tiger-people/Rakshasa.

Dark World kind of covers werewolves/skinshifters already, but there might be room for a Gnoll/canine race somewhere(if it's more hyena I could see it working for Africa, or the germanic forests of Ulm if more wolf-like).

Another race that probably wouldn't require special portraits could be mermaids in/around Greece. Good at diplomacy; perhaps able to build special Siren Grottos or some such along coastal provinces.

I would put Trolls or Dwarfs in the mountain areas of Scandinavia and perhaps Scotland as for Elves the divide could be between Germanics and Finnish cultures in northern Europe. For Slavic areas Rusalka, Kikimora/Domovoi, Leshy and Vilas could be interesting

Well, I think Orcs would be an obvious option with the ingame support for tribal and nomadic factions. Perhaps a goblin sub-species for those with frail or inbred traits. Maybe give them a high fertility, but lower health score to abstract them being a shorter-lived race. Not really sure where the best place to base them out of would be though(Mali/West Africa is usually pretty uneventful).

Lamia/nagas would probably add a bit of spice to the India region, so it might be more interesting to push them over there.

Elves(light and/or dark) could work for the Scandinavian region. (Extremely negative modifiers between light and dark could really make it an interesting power struggle between them.)

I definitely dig the idea of a feline race in the Egyptian/Nubian area, but it would put them right next to the Islam powerhouse. I don't know how sustainable it would be; might have to push it further south to Abyssia to help it survive. Of course, India could also work for tiger-people/Rakshasa.

Dark World kind of covers werewolves/skinshifters already, but there might be room for a Gnoll/canine race somewhere(if it's more hyena I could see it working for Africa, or the germanic forests of Ulm if more wolf-like).

Another race that probably wouldn't require special portraits could be mermaids in/around Greece. Good at diplomacy; perhaps able to build special Siren Grottos or some such along coastal provinces.

Lots of points there! So...

Lamias would be a good fit for the Indian region as well, but for the first race I wanted to pick a spot that wasn't so terribly isolated. Now one could say "but ramia-chan, nobody is forcing you to make lamias first, just do something else!" and they would be right... but my stubborness and pettiness knows no bounds. I'm sorry. :shy:

I enjoy orcs, elves, dwarves and such as much as the next perv on this site (ah, good old ERPing days in WoW) but I feel like it would be going a bit out of the theme of the mod. I'm sure giving it a touch of traditional high fantasy would make it appeal to a wider range of people but that's not really what I set out to do. Adding catgirls is already stretching the limits a bit!

Of course if I run out of ideas I may reconsider my position, but ancient folklore is so rich and diverse that I doubt it'll ever be a problem during development.

And yes, the kittens will probably appear somewhere south of the egyptian area (possibly with a claim on it to dissuade them from just sitting in abyssinia doing nothing). I will keep tweaking the numbers over time as I test the invasions in observer mode to mantain a healthy balance of power between human empires (in this case, the caliphate) and monster ones. 

Sirens are a solid candidate, but as I pointed out in another post above, it's going to be really difficult to decide what to put in the greek region... its ancient mythology is all about those half-monster people :) We shall see.

You bring up Dark World and this is an interesting topic, because I don't know how much of my mod will be DW compatible yet. I am trying to make it as  independent from the main game as possible, but for some things it's pretty much unavoidable not to replace some core game files (for example, right now I'm making sure that lamias can't get events leading or related to the trait "one-legged"). I guess we'll see when the first version is ready.

I would put Trolls or Dwarfs in the mountain areas of Scandinavia and perhaps Scotland as for Elves the divide could be between Germanics and Finnish cultures in northern Europe. For Slavic areas Rusalka, Kikimora/Domovoi, Leshy and Vilas could be interesting

I admit my ignorance on Slavic folklore beyond what wikipedia tells me, but the big problem with all of these is that they're all very independent spirits and making them an organized nation under one strong, miitant ruler (or under a ruler directly serving some deity) would feel forced. That said, they will surely be part of events/decisions for whatever race will end up in the slavic region!

Sound pretty awesome!

Do you have any plan for portrait replacers? There's plenty of open spots left with the expanded ReMeDy system.

I would not be opposed to it! With some races it would be more necessary than others. Sadly I'm much better at being a programmer than doing any kind of art (although I'd like to learn...), so the static portraits would need to be borrowed from somewhere else. Good sources would be things like Monster Girl Quest, Monster Musume and so on.

So, yeah, if there is demand for it I could do that. Perhaps after the first version is up and running :)

I hear you. I'm always more comfortable playing with the scripts than with doing anything graphical.

If you ever need any help let me know. I might be able to lend a hand, although it looks like you might be in more need of a graphics guy.

Sound pretty awesome!

I hear you. I'm always more comfortable playing with the scripts than with doing anything graphical.

If you ever need any help let me know. I might be able to lend a hand, although it looks like you might be in more need of a graphics guy.

Yeah I should have the scripting part covered, but I'll keep that in mind in case I get stuck with something :)

As long as you include Holstaurs and Warrior bunnies all is forgiven! :P

Holstaurs huh, great taste  :shy: 

Archived