HELP Normal map edit

So I'm working on a mod for bodysuit / mecha textures for harry palmer's nude mod. and I'm having serious issue when editing normal maps.

I've made edits using photoshop, then saved to tmc using texture_tool.exe, then created DLC using hogehoge... however no matter what I do I can't seem to troubleshoot why the normal maps always end up like the attached photo.

The shadowing always splits and no changes will show. I have tried different dds export settings, tools to correct normal map rotation, and searched nearly everywhere for the same issue, but can't seem to find a help thread for this anywhere.

Can anyone please land a hand?

post-1385721-0-35288000-1476527900_thumb.jpg

I do apologize, I can't find any info on saving as a volume dds. I've tried MIP map generation, not sure if that's the same thing... Also photoshop is my baby. Never been fond of gimp.

Thanks,

Archived