CK failed uninstall lost all Skyrim Data And Recovered it!

Gameplayer

Yeah, something similar happened to me before. Now, before I install anything new let it be programs that change the skyrim directory or mods. I make a copy of skyrim folder fully and make sure its there. Saved me the trouble of installing Skyrim like 20 times already. When I mess up I simply copy the folder back and it works.

I'm still in shock.

Just lost a whole lot of stuff, including a mod that I had built in TesVedit, I needed to use the CK to put the finishing touches in.

Its going to be days worth of work re-installing the stuff I had working ><

I just cant understand why uninstalling the CK via Steam is the same as nuking the entire Skyrim folder.....That's insane.

I use Mod Organizer but it was in the Skyrim directory and now its entirely gone....Every single mod I had installed is gone.

Gameplayer, if I was you I would stop installing or copying stuff over the partition with the work I did. Then, I would use any data recovery programs to recover the files. You can still get most of the files as long as you do not copy files over the that partition.

Suggestions of what to use?

Shit,

Its a solid state drive ><

Its gone.

Ah Im going to try this recovery program anyway....Not like Im going to lose information now!

I'm thinking that "TRIM" must not be active on my computer...So it might be possible to recover my data!

Alright so the program says its found over 180,000 plus files and now its writing them back onto the drive....Says its going to be about 1/2 hour but that count down doesn't seem accurate....

Dude I hope this works....I just cant imagine making all those personal edits again >< to all the various mods I had installed OMG.

Fingers crossed.

If this works out, Im so making a ZIP of my Mod Organizer Mods folder!!!

Well I personally love Recuva. It works nicely. Feel free to try that one too. Also, do not write anything to the same partition. If your SSD drive is one partition recover the files to an external hdd or thumb drive. If you have a second drive recover to that instead. Do not expect to recover everything. That is mostly not going to happen but you will recover most of the files as long as you did not write a lot of data after the deletion.

Well I personally love Recuva. It works nicely. Feel free to try that one too. Also, do not write anything to the same partition. If your SSD drive is one partition recover the files to an external hdd or thumb drive. If you have a second drive recover to that instead. Do not expect to recover everything. That is mostly not going to happen but you will recover most of the files as long as you did not write a lot of data after the deletion.

I downloaded and used Recuva....

Didn't have another Drive ready....

Went ahead and ran a recover to the drive...

Recovered all but 1,000 files.

It gave me a nice list of files that it couldn't recover which has been a help so far.

Mostly outfit files that I can easily re-run with Bodyslide.

Though there are about a dozen ESP's that are not in a usable state including one that I had done several hours of work on last night.

I am re-installing some of the mods right now that the list says it couldn't recover and hope to have the game in working order by tonight.

Going to test out the game and later on over the Weekend I will install a backup drive....Which will get my entire Skyrim installation stored on it first thing.

Archived