Werewolf issues... yet again.

The short description of the problem. After months, I finally get Werewoofies to actually spawn without causing a CTD. Everything works, attack animations, transforms, correct peens, etc. Except, when sex is initiated, they stay in idle animation and although the player/npc animates correctly, the werewolf doesn't. At first I thought it might be something with the skeleton, maybe not matching the animation... but it seems to be with the animations themselves as other creatures that use the werewolf animations also have this issue... I've reset my SL animations, rerun FNIS, reloaded MNC, loaded/reloaded/unloaded SL Werewolves, MightBeast WW,  and anything else I could think of, but no change...

Currently I'm using: Not in this order:

SL 1.62 full

SLA 27a

SLAC 4.0 b 5

SOS 3.00.04 full

SOS hoodie schlongs

SIC

BDIC

XM32 skeleton

MNC 9.3

mighty beasts

Once upon a time, Werewoofies worked, but then I started modding, and now they don't. Side note: The Hentai Creatures menu has vanished from the MCM inspite of several reloads, but Hentai Creature is still working as I can still buy spells from Lucan. I know there was a load order issue, but I can't find that post anymore.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Do you have the FNIS Behavior AND Creature Pack installed? Because I had this problem once when I uninstalled the Creature pack troubleshooting a CTD issue, and forgot to reinstall it later. Anything that had already been generated through FNIS still worked, but any new animations I tried to load would work as you described, with only the human actor actually being animated.

Do you have the FNIS Behavior AND Creature Pack installed? Because I had this problem once when I uninstalled the Creature pack troubleshooting a CTD issue, and forgot to reinstall it later. Anything that had already been generated through FNIS still worked, but any new animations I tried to load would work as you described, with only the human actor actually being animated.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that FNIS creature is loaded, and all other creature animations are fine (horse, dog, wolf, bear, horker, gargoyle, vamp. lord, etc.etc.). The only ones that seem to be affected are creatures that use the Werewolf animations such as Werewolf, Werebear, and Draman Felanir.

I've had issues with CF in the past being finicky, but when I started this run, I tested all animations via hentai creatures before I left helgen keep, and they did work at one point. That was way back at Level 1, and the character is now at level 80, and I've had various different issues with werebear and werewolf since about level 4. 

This might still just be a load order thing, or it might be that something I've installed is conflicting....  or it might be the curse of the 90's (90% of the mods work 90% of the way I want 90% of the time, but which 90% changes with each reload). or even whatever is causing the Hentai Creatures MCM menu to go missing is involved... I'm just stumped, and it might just be time to start over...

(crossing fingers someone will have a better suggestion first)

For what it's worth, my current load order for relevant mods is:

SL

Creature Framework

SLA

SOS

BD Hoodie Schlongs

SLNC

SLAC

SkyUI

FNIS

MNC

SIC

Hentai Creatures

BDIC

I have a lot of stuff in-between, but I listed what I thought might be relevant in this case. You can try that load order, since I haven't had many problems with it, and animations have worked flawlessly.

For what it's worth, my current load order for relevant mods is:

SL

Creature Framework

SLA

SOS

BD Hoodie Schlongs

SLNC

SLAC

SkyUI

FNIS

MNC

SIC

Hentai Creatures

BDIC

I have a lot of stuff in-between, but I listed what I thought might be relevant in this case. You can try that load order, since I haven't had many problems with it, and animations have worked flawlessly.

Thanks for this, it should help in the long run... I do think I sort of figured out the issue, it seems my FNIS files corrupted somehow...

I basically uninstalled all my mods, but FNIS was still registering them... Had to delete a bunch of FNIS files from my data folder, and am in the process of reloading my mods...  So far, I've just installed the SL Framework, the SLA, SLAC, MNC, SOS stuff, and the werewolf still animates... but it's probably going to take me a day to finish putting this back together.

Side note: I had the Exploding Werewolf mesh a couple times as described on the MNC download page... not a pretty sight, was going to screenshot it, but it hurt they eyes too bad for that...

Archived