How to play running/walking animations in-game?

oliacym

Hi everyone, hoping someone more experienced can tell me how to go about this. Basically I want to use a camera mod to view my character from specific angles, then play certain animations while having the character remain stationary. So really I'm looking to have them walk or run on the spot, for example, with the camera unchanging.

The question is, is there a way of playing the walk/run animations via console or a mod? I'm aware of the playidle command, and have successfully played several idles, but am unsure of how to do this with the run/walk animations. Is this possible at all does anyone know?

Hi there, thanks for replying! Yeah, what I want to do is basically see my character's basic animations in full, to use as an animation resource once I have them looking the way I want, so I need to see them moving really, but maintaining the same camera angle, so running on the spot if possible. I'd hoped it'd be like with the playidles, just tell them to start running and play the animation where they stand, then I'd just have to worry about the camera, but I'm guessing it's not that simple...!

Just watching the video now, thanks for this.

Handy video, some useful stuff I wasn't aware of, thanks. So is there really no command/mod to play those particular animations? Is there a distinction between idles and those moving animations that makes them unable to be played without the player actually moving?

I remember some posepacks that had still animations of running and dashing for screenshots, but i've never come across one that's animated and has you run on spot.

And no, movement animations are not idles and can't be started through console commands, sorry.

The only thing i could think of is set up some form of quest or script that sticks or leashes the character to an xmarker or some convoluted stuff like that but nothing convinient, sorry.

SUCCESS! A combination of the TCL command, animcam to revolve around to the front, the C button to keep the character running, and the mod "Customizable Camera", to tweak the camera: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37347/?

So my character starts running through the walls, we rotate the camera to the front, use the mod to line up the view so it fills the screen and voila! This works for walking, running, sprinting, etc. Thank you Eth4rlad for pointing me toward those particular commands, and helping me with this remarkably specific problem  :shy:

Archived