Edit: 9/17/2016 - Please Help? Weird "ghosting/tracers/mountain shadows on sky" showing up in game.

Sparowe Chan

Please forgive the lengthy post. I figured it was best to not only provide my Mod List and Load Order with my PC specs, but also some background. I didn't include any debug logs because my problem seems like it's nothing more than a mere texture issue. (Hopefully) From what I've read online, which isn't much considering every time I tried to do a search I kept getting results regarding "Ghost Hunters" and hopefully after viewing the footage I have provided you can understand why. 

EDIT: 9/17/2016 - I tried to edit the video again to no avail. I also noticed that the problem I was having was now missing from the video, even the original one I had uploaded. There were still some "tracer / motion blur" effects on my character  when they were jumping in the video. The problem seemed to had been completely removed from the shots of the mountain range against the night sky. 

I happened to adjust some settings on my monitor through the OSD Menu for the monitor itself prior to attempting to edit the video and upload the changes. Is it possible that maybe it was the settings on my monitor the whole time? 

Monitor: ASUS VG248QE

Resolution: 1920x1080 

Refresh Rate: 144hz 

Connection: Dual-Link DVI Cable

Problem: I can say that when entering a building I only noticed issue on my character and that I can't really tell if it's also showing up during the daytime considering the way the issue is rendered on screen. So hopefully it's just a nighttime issue?

IMO explaining it would just cause a headache. I know I have one just trying to type in search terms regarding it.

My PC:

BIOS: Asus UEFI

CPU: Intel i7 6700 @ 3.4ghz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition (Nvidia Branded Model)

RAM: 16GB DDR4 @ 2133mhz

DRIVE 1: SSD 248GB 

DRIVE 2: SSHD 2TB

Load Order.txt

Mod List (Left Pane).txt

A note on the second attachment: I don't know why but whenever I make a backup of the mod list through Mod Organizer it saves it in "Reverse Order". Meaning that in order to read it correctly so that it corresponds with my Load Order, you have to read it from the bottom > up. (If anybody knows how to change this setting in MO so that it saves the Mod List in the correct view, please let me know)

I tried to attach my video but I kept getting an error saying I wasn't permitted. It's in .mp4 format and trimmed it down to 25.5 seconds from the original 58 seconds as the rest was just me saving the video. 

So I uploaded to YouTube instead, hopefully the link is working correctly. 

https://youtu.be/sUahebQAJwg

I'm just so frustrated right now.....I've taken so much time into modding my game. I literally am so tedious with it that after changing a single line in any .ini files and if by doing that I don't have to then change another line in the same file or another file all together, I would start up my game and check for issues. When no issues were present I would then move on and install the next mod. Constantly repeating this process before and after installing every, single, mod in my mod list before even attempting to actually start playing on a save. 

Now I highly doubt any of these problems are hardware related as my rig is more than capable of running Skyrim. I haven't really delved into do a fully modded Fallout 4, but I have no issues running that game on High-Ultra settings with ENB and a few texture overhaul mods for it. 

I know the problem isn't with the mods either. I think it's simply because of all the tedious work that goes into modding Skyrim itself. I have very few mods that are not compatible, as stated by the authors themselves. The mods that weren't compatible or aren't initially were installed with compatibility instructions as stated by either users of those mods or by the authors themselves. Mostly just anything affecting the weather system being able to work correctly with ENB. By no means am I giving up and though I was still able to play the game for hours at a time over the past few days, I just can't get over this weird texture issue popping up. It's like talking to somebody sitting across from you at the dinner table on a first date and the whole time you can't stop staring at the piece of food they have stuck in their teeth but don't want to interrupt them at the same time lmao!

I'm just so frustrated right now.....I've taken so much time into modding my game. I literally am so tedious with it that after changing a single line in any .ini files and if by doing that I don't have to then change another line in the same file or another file all together, I would start up my game and check for issues. When no issues were present I would then move on and install the next mod. Constantly repeating this process before and after installing every, single, mod in my mod list before even attempting to actually start playing on a save. 

Now I highly doubt any of these problems are hardware related as my rig is more than capable of running Skyrim. I haven't really delved into do a fully modded Fallout 4, but I have no issues running that game on High-Ultra settings with ENB and a few texture overhaul mods for it. 

I know the problem isn't with the mods either. I think it's simply because of all the tedious work that goes into modding Skyrim itself. I have very few mods that are not compatible, as stated by the authors themselves. The mods that weren't compatible or aren't initially were installed with compatibility instructions as stated by either users of those mods or by the authors themselves. Mostly just anything affecting the weather system being able to work correctly with ENB. By no means am I giving up and though I was still able to play the game for hours at a time over the past few days, I just can't get over this weird texture issue popping up. It's like talking to somebody sitting across from you at the dinner table on a first date and the whole time you can't stop staring at the piece of food they have stuck in their teeth but don't want to interrupt them at the same time lmao!

I figured YouTube would be a problem undecided.gif  I've been so busy with work I hadn't had time to check my post. There are two versions of the video on my YouTube page with the given link but I guess neither is a good example. 

Basically when I am looking towards the mountains at night and when I pan the camera the mountains will "streak / double / ghost" 

The best way I can describe it is as if they were leaving an imprint on the night sky? It's not just the mountains though, mostly everything in the distance displays this. Kind of like a tracer effect or if you've seen any movie where a character is moving at super speed, like Quicksilver in the X-Men movies or the Flash from the TV show. It's hard to describe really. I know mountains are not supposed to leave shadows on the actual sky itself lol. Except the shadows themselves are white or almost see through / clear. Like the Ring Wraiths from the Lord of The Rings movies. OH! That's it! The mountains leave a ghostly white shadow that looks like what Frodo sees when he's wearing the ring! If you've seen the movies at all?

Archived