[Rpg Maker MV] The Eldrid Saga WIP

M0ri

Hi I'm Mori I create adult RPG games with 3D H-scenes and would like to present to you my new game.

s10.postimg.org/sk7jq29k9/Title.jpg

The game is  called The Eldrid Sage and it is a JRPG style game with some MMORPG elements with 3DCG scenes. The game has a large collection of weapons and armor, currently 648 weapons and 677 pieces of armor. They are split into 6 tiers with common, uncommon, rare and epic variants with possibly legendary added later. I will also be adding in MMO style dungeons were you fight multiple bosses all providing a fun challenge(hopefully) and will drop epic gear. The player will be able to recruit 14 players into their party and will improve their relationship with them unlocking sex scenes as well as unique companion skills. You will be able to take on side quest on your journey through the large game world. As well as having scenes with the members of your party there will be scenes with people you meet throughout the game.

Story.

The game follows a young man who enjoys playing MMORPGs one day he wakes up to find he has a beta invite for a new game. Deciding to try the game out he is electrocuted during a lightning storm and finds himself teleported into the game world where he embarks on a quest to stop an evil demon lord. Throughout his quest he travels to different lands ranging from the frozen north inhabited by a viking like tribe to the woods of the elves before finally making his way through a demonic wasteland to finish his quest.

Pairings & Fetishes.

This is what is currently planned with the possibility of  futa. I am also open to suggestions.

• M/F
  • F/F
  • M/M/F
  • M/F/F
  • Solo
  • Harem
  • Voyeur
  • S&M
  • Demon Girl
  • Elves 
  • Step sister

Sample Images.

s21.postimg.org/63eancld3/image.jpg
s11.postimg.org/t99irmm77/image.jpg
s22.postimg.org/k4j2r41c1/image.jpg

Demo.

The current demo contains the start of the game which includes about 2 hours of gameplay. There is currently 1 voyeur scene as well as 1 sex

scene. It may contain bugs and spelling mistakes which I apologize for as I am currently in need of a couple of beta testers.

Mega.nz: Demo

I can't think of much else to say really other than I hope you enjoy what I have produced so far. Also if you would like to support me please feel free to check out my Patreon it would go along way to helping the game progress and would be greatly appreciated. You can also find my first game on there The Boxer it's only small as it was only for me to learn the software and get some experience. It has plenty of H-scenes in and around 140ish images. 

Thanks for taking the time to check out my game.

Mori 

I'm giving it a try.

The combat difficulty is really random. Same fight can be super hard early on, or just plain easy. Seems like each mob is randomly generated on start of combat and that needs some tweaking. The first orc I ran into via story... Had 300 HP. Triple mine and did double my damage. Impossible to defeat.

The game frame rate for me was TERRIBLE. I admit my machine is a potato, but generally other games like this don't have issues as rough as this. I run Skyrim pretty well, but not this game. I had to give up playing, it was impossible to play. 

Can't really give you a critique due to my issues. Looked good, maybe someone else will give it a try and share feedback.

Hi XJ347 

Thanks for the feedback.

I've updated the link with a new version with the combat settings changed, the game uses yanflys enemy levels that levels the enemies as you level up. It has a setting were it will fluctuate so you could fight a enemy that's 2 levels higher or lower. I've removed that setting so it shouldn't put you in impossible fights anymore.

As for the frame rate I don't know what could be causing it, I'll look into it and hopefully get it fixed.

wait.... a game where you actually play as a guy??! *breaks the sound barrier mashing the d/l button*

huzzah! :D lol

LOL you know what? I named my character female... Was then surprised with the male avatar. 

Other things I noticed while playing...

A few signs in the city might help, like how are we supposed to know what building is the alchemist shop unless we walk randomly onto it? Very minor thing. Probably isn't worth changing but something to look out in the future when mapping cities. 

Another thing that worries me is that every women body looks the same. Seriously the Queen and the Princess look the same age. Tall, and busty, feels like everyone is a D cup of not DD. I would call it generic. Personally I would like to see a petite women, and a super voluptuous chick. Not every women should be super attractive imo... I follow the philosophy that if everyone is pretty then pretty has no meaning. You can't have good if there is no evil. Saying this, plenty of people want to only see barbie dolls and you might have a bigger audience that way.

So I looked up my issue, and found a workaround that worked for me.

I added this line to package.json

"chromium-args": "--ignore-gpu-blacklist",

RPG Maker MV apparently doesn't like my video card, but you can force it! Time to go play lag free. Thing is now when I run into some abnormalities is it my edit or the base game, because i ran into a few issues, like peeping on the Princess  then backing off bugs out for me, I have to choose to not peep from the beginning or peep all the way, or the screen bugs out.

ok... concept seems solid BUT heres my initial reactions

first... I think if I hear those default sfx for confirming things(action button) one more time my ears will literally begin bleeding... and NOTHING turned em down

now onto other stuff:

combat is WAY too frequent

combat is all over the place, sometimes you get something about right for a fight but most the time you get stuff you NEED to run from. Which leads to

escape chance too low

random walk and 'OH YOU'RE IN COMBAT NOW' is quite possibly the most annoying game mechanic ever.

TP generation seems a bit low to make cross cut really effective

Amelia could use a TP based skill to regen a little mana, especially if combat stays as is

Honestly I never got out of the forest, that sfx was giving me a headache(literally) and combat was far far too frustrating to bother continuing.

Diolague issues.

This concerns the father dying scene, I have listed your text then some proposed edits.

No mistake this sentence but doesn't feel right. I suggest a dialogue tweak.

Father: No, my time is up, <name> come here.

->Father: I'm to far gone Amelia (or a pet name, like beautiful), save your strength for the journey to come. <name> come here.

Sentence is just messed up.

Father: I'm not your real father was the Great hero general Gervasius.

-> Father: I'm not your real father. Your birth father was the Great hero general Gervasius.

Sentence is mostly fine, but awkward. The point is to show there is no real incest with the sister, but just doesn't feel right.

Father: Your mother died when you were born and when he went to war you were left with my wife and Amelia. When he died he asked me to raise you.

Grammatically it should be  -> Father: Your mother died when you were born, and when he went to war you were left with my wife and Amelia. When he died, he asked me to raise you.

Personally I would try something like this -> Father: Listen <name>, /cough Your birth mother died giving birth to you, and your birth father asked me to raise you when he left and then died in the war. I shouldn't have kept it from you.

Missing a coma in there and not a fan of the Aarrghh. The whole conversation needs a bit of editing IMO.

Father: Aarrghh, I'm not going to make it much longer now please take Amelia to safety.

-> Father: (/cough or AHHhhh or something else) I'm not going to make it much longer.

->Cut out the Amelia line and follow with the fathers next line about heading north, but replace Amelia with "your sister".

The idea is that he is dying, told the player his true birthright, then tells them where to go. This way it feels more organic. Obviously you can ignore this stuff, but imo it needs some editing.

----

Talking to the merchant, has a misspelling in it

Merchant: Thank you so much, one of my guards saw the orcs head of to the east.

->Thank you so much, one of my guards saw the orcs head off to the east.

Spelling error

Merchant: Here are you're potions.

-> Merchant: Here are your potions.

Personally I would say something like, "Here are some potions, good luck."

----

Farmer has a typo

Farmer: There is no helping me, the orcs blade was poisoned I can feel it inside me.

-> Farmer: There is no helping me, the orc's blade was poisoned. I can feel it inside me.

Not sure a random farmer would say that. I think he would want to be healed anyways. So many people get antibiotics for viral infections when it does nothing...

Farmer asks us to get his daughter MIlly but doesn't explain what she looks like. The conversation doesn't really feel authentic imo. Whats her mothers name with the market stand? Details he would say. Later on, you look for the mom  and ask for Fiona but the player was never given this name. Seems odd. There needs to be text explaining how you know that name.

-----

something weird happens this line, the text doesn't wrap and cant be read when it goes off screen.

King Darius: Very well you will be knighted and blessed, then you will set forth on your holy quest de(text is lost)

Note I think this needs to be rewritten. This feels super rushed. I'll give an example that I think feels better to me. True the King is being rushed

King Darius: "Summon the cleric, we need to get him blessed and prepared for his holy quest!"

This feels more natural, but also creates the immediacy of the next line of not agreeing with the King. The being knighted part is fine but is just to much to be thrown into that line, it should be its own sentence added in slightly later.

The knighting part also has the unwrapped text that we lose what is said. I also marked missing comma.

King Darius: Now that you look the part, kneel before me. With the power given to me by the gods, I dub ye s(lose text from here)

Another King Darius line that is not wrapping correctly.

King Darius: You will find out tomorrow. You will stay here tonight and we will go to the church for the (lost text)

bug issues?

When in the farmers house I'm attacked by a captain, but the farmer says orcs attacked... Seems like a mistake. The other house i got attacked by 4 guys who looked like thieves. Once again not orcs.  Weird inconstancy. Talking to the girl it seems like the attackers were human. Later confirmed that they are orcs when talking to Fiona. The orcs need different pictures and stuff so we know that they are orcs because they used human art.

ok... concept seems solid BUT heres my initial reactions

first... I think if I hear those default sfx for confirming things(action button) one more time my ears will literally begin bleeding... and NOTHING turned em down

now onto other stuff:

combat is WAY too frequent

combat is all over the place, sometimes you get something about right for a fight but most the time you get stuff you NEED to run from. Which leads to

escape chance too low

random walk and 'OH YOU'RE IN COMBAT NOW' is quite possibly the most annoying game mechanic ever.

TP generation seems a bit low to make cross cut really effective

Amelia could use a TP based skill to regen a little mana, especially if combat stays as is

Honestly I never got out of the forest, that sfx was giving me a headache(literally) and combat was far far too frustrating to bother continuing.

Yeah I had to save scum, run into combat, if it is to hard I would try to escape. If escape failed I would quit and load again. The cycle continues until you get something easy enough to kill for once, or you can escape which is preferable to any combat LOL.

I agree combat is WAY to frequent, like remove 2/3rd of the combats. Thing is... since mobs scale to your level there is NO point in leveling. Might as well skip all the combats you can to save time. Also combat has the random chance of spawning to many mobs for you to handle quickly.

The combat % are an easy fix, i'm more worried about the writing. The story itself is good, but the delivery is lifeless mostly.

Is it really that rare to see male PC on this forum?

I've change the settings so enemies are easier. I'm using Yanflys enemy levels and tbh I'm not a massive fan of it and I'll probably be changing it at some point.  I've also change the encounter rate from avg 30 steps to 60 so hopefully fights won't be as frequent.

As for the frame rate problem I added Yanflys Fps synch script that adds an option to turn it on or off should fix that problem, although I've seen you found a fix yourself. 

I've removed the sfx for selecting things so your ears should be safe. 

Thanks for the bugs and text errors it's greatly appreciated. I do agree writing isn't my strong point I could really do with giving it more attention than I am now. I have just found someone to proof read it so hopefully that will help.

Lastly the character body types I guess when designing characters I tend to make them how I prefer them, but fear not there will be other women of different shapes and sizes. I am currently posing a scene and one of the characters is more petite than the others so far.

https://mega.nz/#!VgxXiSiA!bC1ltD8MfVd33abAnH2aVqUgyMwfXBkxmnE8aEdJgcg

• 7 months later...

How do I escape the town? All that's happening is me going here and there trying to find a way out and running into a ton of fights. Please help me out here. Am I missing something? I've collected all the chests from the town as well as castle. Not even finding the teleportation room. No way out?

( v0.15 )

• 8 months later...

Archived