Help Outfitstudio Pipboy mesh

Wast1980

Hello!

My goal is (or maybe was :( ) to create a "streamlined" Pipboy for Fallout 4 (already did the same with the NewVegas Pipboy, back then with Nifskope only).

The nif in question is the PipboyLowPlayer.nif (it's the mesh for the third person Pipboy).

When I open it with Nifskope most of the time it crashes, if the mesh loads I cannot scale it (crash).

My idea was to edit it with OutfitStudio, no fancy stuff like sliders or something, just scaling it down and adjusting it to the CBBE arm mesh.

When I load the nif in OS it looks like this:

U11ntitled_1.jpg

click on image to enlarge

Everything fine except screen and screenglow.

After moving the two parts back to their positions it looks like this:

Untitled_1.jpg

But ingame it looks like this:

Fallout4_2016_09_05_22_42_38.jpg

I had similar problems with skyrim meshes and nifskope, when transform wasn't applied, coordinates of the new position were saved in the nif, but ingame the specific part had still its old position.

Is there a way to fix this with OS? Or do I need to wait for new nifskope versions?

Update:

The scaling is causing the issue, export the unchanged mesh ---> everything is fine

Scale it and export ---> screen and glowscreen doesn't move along...

Well, my work is done, probably in the most time consuming way but I reached my goal.

I'm still curious if there is an easy way to get this done.

Archived