Marriage mods in Skyrim?

caperpp

Hello caperpp

I was surprised by the fact that there is only one mod that does this, called Dudestia (sp?) multi marriage, its on nexus. There is one really big bug that the author will never fix since he doesn't work on the mod anymore. This bug will be really annoying ONLY if you like your wife to follow you around on your adventure. If you want alot of stay-at-home/shop wifes, this won't effect you.

What happens is, your wife will randomly wear gears that you've given them, even if the gear they had was better. This occurs EVEN after you removed the items from his/her inventory, sold it, etc. They will continuously spawn the items as soon as you enter doors, fast-travel, sometimes load games. I tried everything to fix this, console, unofficial patch, etc and nothing works. Then, a nice fella on the forum had the same issue and told me to try the Version 93Alpha and BAM this problem went away. What probably happened was that the new versions had this feature where you can force your wife to wear a set of given armor or clothing (like, for looks) instead of the one with the best stats.

Bottom line, after my essay, if you don't take your wifes out to adventure, use the newest version (100), it has alot of features that aren't necessary really, like set houses, etc. Otherwise if you want to avoid this annoying unfixable bug, use 93Alpha version.

Hope this helps, it took me a long time to figure this out thats why I wanted to share.

Yeah there's only one mod, the Multiple Marriages on nexus, Dudestia is the name of the NPC in that mod that gives you a "power" for marrying NPCs that usually can't be married. The quest to get that "power" is heavily bugged and usually does not work at all, and is also boring as well (they're all fetching ingredient quests), so I suggest just skipping all of it by using console "batch completequests" to save you a headache.

Though the voice actor for Dudestia is hilarious in a good way. Traditional Cantonese accent adult voice for a kid with some funny lines, lol.

The follower system in Skyrim is really flawed, I never have any followers, because they usually:

- Get lost in entering new cells, and unfortunately sometimes you don't even notice one or more follower is gone because Skyrim certainly tell you, and guess what? There's no spell or function to "summon" them back once you lose them, only way is to reload an earlier save or go back to one of your 7 houses and pray they respawn in one of them. Console commands for followers from mods is about as helpful as asking Molag Bal to help with your homework, the refIDs are completely wrong

- They fail at sneaking, if you like stealth kills, followers are guaranteed to alert the enemies if you bring them into the same room

- You can't tell them to stop attack and act like cowards, and they'll repeatedly get themselves killed because the only AI option for them is "attack any enemy within a mile radius", even the "wait here" option won't do any good

My character's got around 12 wives and all of them are stay-at-home moms lol.

<.< >.>

If you download from the workshop, you can backup the files (since they are generally just a clearly named esp and bsa file) and then unsubscribe. I have all the mods I like backed up and installed after immediatly unsubscribing from them. I get to use the mods and still protest/boycott the Workshop.

Kinda falls flat if they count download numbers over subsciber numbers, but meh. I'm weak. I really wanted a few of the workshop mods.

Archived