Transparent texture problems when converting mods from Skyrim to Fallout 4

Jordick

I'm currently trying to convert this one outfit from Skyrim to Fallout 4, and everything has been going smoothly until I was testing the outfit in-game.

The meshes and textures themselves work great, but I'm having trouble adding transparency to the textures.

Here's how the original mod looks like in Skyrim:

20141227141101bb8.jpg

And here's how the initial converted outfit looked like:

x1An99r.jpg

And here's how the mod looks at the moment, after I added transparency, but only the chest piece is transparent.

TNxruhV.jpg

As you can see, I have managed to add some transparency for the outfit. The outfit has multiple objects in it, and so far I've only managed to apply the transparency to just one of them, which is the chest piece you can see in the 3rd picture. Other parts of the outfit, such as the shoulders and the backside, as still non-transparent, even though I repeated the same process on them too as I did for the chest piece.

I'm a total noob when it comes to editing textures, so I've been forced to use tutorials such as these:

- Nifskope tutorial

- Gimp tutorial

As I already mentioned, by using these tutorials I've managed to add the transparency for the 1st piece in the outfit, but when I try to repeat the same process to the other pieces, there's no difference in game.

Any help for how to add transparency for an outfit (that already had transparency in the begin with) would be really appreciated.

Archived