Tamriel Reloaded HD Mismatching Grass

allsunday

That doesn't even look like grass anymore. x) 

Well, there are a lot of grass textures out there, just find some that match for you?

Or examine the archive of Tamriel Reloaded and just get rid of the mismatching grass by deleting the files you don't want from your installation folder. 

How textures turn out in the actual game depends a lot on what mods you use. (Weathermods, ELFX, RLO, etc pp) and on top of that, there is the ENB you use. Also, there are settings for [grass] in your ini files, and some texture mods tell you to alter them accordingly. Are you sure you didn't miss anything on the description page? (ENB sometimes tells you to mess around with your grass settings too - at least mine does.)

LOL, I know, it looks like artificial grass for mini golf or whatever you call it!

Yeah, I've already extracted Tamriel Reloaded BSA and checked all the files with DDSopt.  No luck.  I think I'm just looking in the wrong places though.

Since the grass looks the exact same without ENB, I think we can safely ignore the fact that it's a weather or ENB issue.

Also, since this is Tamriel Reloaded, I don't know if you use it or not but I've had to replace the roads textures to look like the textures I normally use, I've also had to replace certain rock textures from Tamriel Reloaded to more match the color of my mountains textures, and I've had to replace the stone wall textures to reflect the same textures I use in game for stone walls.  

Tamriel Reloaded offers custom meshes with custom textures.  Needless to say, you can modify those textures for said custom meshes.  The grassy knolls with the "artificial" grass that we see from Tamriel Reloaded will disappear also when Tamriel Reloaded HD esm is disabled so this means that it's a bunch of mesh files from Tamriel Reloaded.  If the mesh is from Tamriel Reloaded, then logic would dictate the texture is also from Tamriel Reloaded.  But which Texture is it?  Hmmm....

Regardless, I do appreciate your speculations though.

Here are examples of me repairing the other textures from Tamriel Reloaded:

Tamriel Reloaded Roads Original

Tamriel Reloaded Roads Fixed

Tamriel Reloaded Stone Wall Original

Tamriel Reloaded Stone Wall Fixed

I'm not using TR, although I wanted to, because I edited a lot of textures myself, to match my taste, and TR would obviousely change them again. I have my mountains all brown, my stones mostly yellowish-white or reddish-brown and I'm using another grass texture replacer mod, that even adds new and more grasses, and I love to look of it so... well...

Can you tell me if TR comes with esp files or not? Because if not, it should respect the vanilla folder structure and put its stuff there to replace it. Then you would find the texture in: Data/textures/landscape/grass and the meshes in Data/meshes/landscape/grass.

That may narrow it down to a few files you'll have to check. 

I'n not sure if the look of this grass is intended, or if something went wrong there, but I think only the original author can answer that question reliably. 

I'm not using TR, although I wanted to, because I edited a lot of textures myself, to match my taste, and TR would obviousely change them again. I have my mountains all brown, my stones mostly yellowish-white or reddish-brown and I'm using another grass texture replacer mod, that even adds new and more grasses, and I love to look of it so... well...

Can you tell me if TR comes with esp files or not? Because if not, it should respect the vanilla folder structure and put its stuff there to replace it. Then you would find the texture in: Data/textures/landscape/grass and the meshes in Data/meshes/landscape/grass.

That may narrow it down to a few files you'll have to check. 

I'n not sure if the look of this grass is intended, or if something went wrong there, but I think only the original author can answer that question reliably. 

Oops, Tamriel Reloaded HD does have the .esp file.  Earlier I mentioned that I disabled the .esm but I really meant .esp.  Lol.

I think all .dds files in data/textures/landscape/grass are vegetation textures and not actually ground/landscape textures but I could be wrong.  Regardless, I have about 250 texture files in that folder and when I looked through a few of them with DDSopt they all appeared to be vegetation textures (plants, shrubs, herbs, etc).  Correct me if I'm wrong though. 

I definitely agree that the texture is looking wrong in my game because I don't see grass like that in any of the Tamriel Reloaded HD galleries online but that doesn't change the fact that there's obviously a .dds file that corresponds to it.  It's going to be the solution no matter what angle you approach this from.

I've asked the mod author a couple days ago on Skyrim Nexus for help, doesn't look like I'll be getting a response for a while... if ever.

The answer to this problem is really simple:  where's the .dds file texture that modifies the custom mesh from Tamriel Reloaded HD?  What a pain.

I was sure I downloaded Tamriel reloaded, but I can't find it, so I guess I already deleted it as I'm not using it anyway. I'd have examined the original rar file to find out which texture it might be, if it wasn't in .bsa format, but seeing that it's more than 1GB to download it again... Sorry, but you'll need to find the culprit yourself. ^^"

I was sure I downloaded Tamriel reloaded, but I can't find it, so I guess I already deleted it as I'm not using it anyway. I'd have examined the original rar file to find out which texture it might be, if it wasn't in .bsa format, but seeing that it's more than 1GB to download it again... Sorry, but you'll need to find the culprit yourself. ^^"

Lol.  I appreciate the effort very much even if it yielded no fruit.

• 2 weeks later...

Any answers for this one, guys?  With all the texture modders for Skyrim, I figure at least there'd be a good number of you out there with the technical know-how to solve a texture problem.  I'm normally self-reliant when it comes to these issues but this one has got me stumped all over the place.  Thx.

Archived