Changing settler appearances

bob888888

Hello everyone,

Maybe there is another thread on this. However, I tried looking and I could not find one.

Originally when Bethesda was planning to release the vault tec dlc, they stated that the surgery and barber stations would allow the player to customize settlers. However, it looks like they took out that feature (based on what people (whom have played the beta) have said). Some people have said online that it is something that is unlikely to be done in the future due to the scripting that bethesda used. They mention something about a bug that causes the settlers to change their appearance, clothing, and gender randomly. Now, I'm not a modder so I don't understand the details of this. Does anyone know more about this situation? Will it be possible to make a mod in the future that allows players to customize settlers? Thank you in advance for your replies.

I would love for something like this to come to fruition.  I'm very picky about which settlers I want working in my "home" settlement and the SLM [string] console command on NPCs yields little results.  I hate having to cherry pick settlements looking for a unique settler when 90% of them have the same exact look and hairstyles.  The SLM command would be great if I could change the hairs of the settlers or NPCs but changing hair with that command reflects absolutely no change for me.  Presets don't work and only modify the body type.  

I, too, was excited when it was announced we could "legitimately" change our settlers looks but all that was washed away when I watched Bethesda's 45 min live stream on Vault Tec Workshop...

Archived