[WIP] Canada, eh.

I'm going to merge my 2 current mods, less the neon stuff (so no glowmaps at all to start)

into one large one.

Everything is going to be Canadianized.

Also going to be doing a buncha armors, outfits, hats, etc as well.

Target is Canada Day of course.

All my buildables will be redone, the weapons, and the armors.

Flags are in, banners, paintings will be added.

What other items would be good targets to be Canadianized?

I'm looking for some ideas. (have a bunch, but figured I'd ask first, to hopefully cut down on the "hey! can you do XYZ?"

smile.gif

(this is pretty much just retexturing.... for now)

Just merged the 2 files while waiting for LL to stabilize.   :D

EDIT:  this in in Adult, as I'm going to do NSFW retextures as well.  

Gotta make it all work with CBBE of course!

Got another thing in mind to add with this, but need to hear from the original author first, for permissions.

Rad Canada Geese?, Spooky Loons?, CN Tower build able Settlement, Harper's Head on a Stick?, lots of choices.

I like the geese/loons. CN tower I like, but that'll have to wait (major job that one).

Not Harpers head I'd put on the stick. (although, I suppose if I do one, I should do all of them. heh)

I'm definitely going to do something with Timmies.

Sweetrolls probably into maple donuts. Not sure how I'd do timbits, but yeah, need that.

Was going to do some work on it today, but spent toooo long in the sun yesterday.

Shouldn't have had that last beer out back.

oops.

(totally worth it, even if I do look like a lobster)  :P

Well I really, REALLY hope and expect to see at least one photograph of Her Majesty The Queen Elizabeth II. So I can hang it in my bathroom, eh? Or in my living room, if it's big enough. 

hrmm... should be ok if I use the official one that the gov uses (or used).

have to be careful with using pics of real people.

Well I really, REALLY hope and expect to see at least one photograph of Her Majesty The Queen Elizabeth II. So I can hang it in my bathroom, eh? Or in my living room, if it's big enough. 

Could always take the pic and photoshop someone else's face in, possibly Todd Howard's.  It's good enough for Bethesda.

Could always take the pic and photoshop someone else's face in, possibly Todd Howard's.  It's good enough for Bethesda.

Plus any pictures are going to be of who ever is king or queen in 2075. There is also the simple fact that, if I'm not mistaken, Canada was annexed by the US in the Fallout lore. So any connection to the monarchy might have been abolished.

Plus any pictures are going to be of who ever is king or queen in 2075. There is also the simple fact that, if I'm not mistaken, Canada was annexed by the US in the Fallout lore. So any connection to the monarchy might have been abolished.

Yes, well, annexing us is one thing, KEEPING us is another.  :P

I'll probably do one of the Queen as a historical thing, and make one up as the current.

(and no, not Todd)   

I'll come up with something.

Going to be delayed in all this.  Going to be remodelling the top half of the house this week.

Quitting smoking, so the carpet is gonna go, walls cleaned off, comp room redone, and a new comp

put together.

New system will be setup with modding in mind which current isn't. (3x1tb partitions, mostly full, merging would be a nightmare. so rebuild from ground up, but keep current working setup)

Going to record my sessions on doing this mod for newbies (since I'm mostly a newbie at modding myself, and I've seen lots of questions that would be answered as I do this mod)

Also going to try a live stream on twitch, which should be amusing. Me + new toys + beer == hilarity.

I am the curious monkey who will push buttons just to see what it does. asplodiness is assured.  heh.

(besides, recording/streaming will be new to me as well, so what the frack, may as well give it a try.

Learning new stuff is fun, and yeah, the "less what this does...  um, note to self, don't do that!"   :cool:

I know *I'm* gonna have fun doing it anyway.

Well...without looking for your other mod (which I will do shortly) 

Molsen variants besides Export, Seagrams whiskey replacers or standalone whiskey bottles.

Back Bacon packs.

Bob and Doug McKenzie and other SCTV references (for us older guys maybe for fun)

Hah.  I just thought of Bob and Doug as drunken Ghouls...that would be funny.  Talking about back bacon and beer...calling each other hosers...

Oh the glorious mental image...

Just a suggestion, but...

If/when some "live another life" mod for FO4 happens, it could make for a really great "new start". Just think of it:

You're a Canadian traveller (a merchantman to set up a new trade empire? a scout to prepare a Canadian invasion of the former US? An escaped convict?) and find your way to the commonwealth. From that point, anything goes, since you're far away from your country, so no government or police to worry about. And, it'd actually make some sense too! Canada would be more distant from the main regions where the bombs fell, has many natural barriers, all kinds of natural resources, so, if anything, civilization and technology would have a better chance of surviving a nuclear war in Canada than it would in the US. To the point that even its government might survive in some form.

If/when some "live another life" mod for FO4 happens, it could make for a really great "new start". Just think of it:

You're a Canadian traveller (a merchantman to set up a new trade empire? a scout to prepare a Canadian invasion of the former US? An escaped convict?) and find your way to the commonwealth. From that point, anything goes, since you're far away from your country, so no government or police to worry about. And, it'd actually make some sense too! Canada would be more distant from the main regions where the bombs fell, has many natural barriers, all kinds of natural resources, so, if anything, civilization and technology would have a better chance of surviving a nuclear war in Canada than it would in the US. To the point that even its government might survive in some form.

Um...It did happen...Unless I am dreaming...

Um...It did happen...Unless I am dreaming...

Oh, goody, I completely missed that! Now we just need a quest chain / background story about a Canadian invasion into the US worked into that!

Archived