MCM hangs up on access

@ Anyone who is a genius, or anyone who is not a genius - it matters not - but who might just be able to proffer some help! :P

I have 80 mods with MCM menus, well within what I understand is the limit of 128

I have used Jaxonz MCM Menu Kicker for a long time and that seems to work fine.  It reports everything is dandy and that they are all added very quickly.

But, about 3 to 4 weeks ago - can't be sure exactly when - MCM access to the various mods' menus became problamatic

In short, if I try to access a menu as the game is firing up, I can get lucky and drill down to individual menus, submenus, and options and change them.  The longer the game runs, the less chance there is of doing this, and access decreases first to a mod submenu, and finally not beyond just the MCM mod name itself, ie you can click on that but nothing else happens.  At that point, you have to back out of the MCM completely before you can even try to access a different mod menu.  If you wait a bit, you might get the submenus appear, but you still can't access their content

The papyrus log shows errors on 'Array 1' to 'Array 127', repeated 4 or 5 times for each of the 127, in the general form shown below, (from attempts to access these sample mod menus).  Each seems to go through a range of possible MCM activities in the course of the 127 Array errors

Have included a log, showing the errors, below.  Based on game start, 2 minutes or so idle to let startup settle, then try access to MCM menus for Cursed Loot and Devious Devices

Oddly, similar errors were not reported when tested, but only trying to access the mod menus for LSAR, Arachnaphobia and Sexlab APPS Framework.  That there were no errors reported in the log did not mean that the general slowdown did not happen though

Although you can find a few examples of similar issues via Google - incl some on this site - I can't find any coherent explanation or fix for this problem.  I would have tried the SkyUI forum on Nexus but it seems pretty well dead, and most of the geniuses are here....

EDIT : The only things that I can relate this issue to are that

1 - around the time I first noticed this problem, a number of mod updates have resulted in their now generating .json files.  As I use MO, I have just created 'new' mods for each of those, but as the meta.ini is being updated each time the game is started and the settings saved - which is what most are used for - are dated OK, the timing could just be a total coincidence

2 - Also looking at Script Cleaner, there are also 400 references in each of

active scripts

WaitOffsets 1

to something called 'dunProgressiveCombatScript', but the only reference I can find to that was that it was supposed to be something fixed in the Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Anyway, I'm using MO, Framework 1.61b.  SkyUI and SKSE are latest versions.  JContainers is that used in MNC 9.3, although I did test this issue by allowing both JContainers 3.2.5 and 3.2.6 to overwrite that, but neither solved the problem

While the game itself still seems to play OK, the lack of normal in-game opportunity to access the settings, is driving me nuts.  :dodgy:   Has anyone got any idea what might cause this?  :)

TIA 

===========================================

[06/04/2016 - 11:01:50PM] Error: Array index 4 is out of range (0-0)
stack:
    [dcur_menuconfig (950012C4)].dcur_mcmconfig.AddOption() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 871
    [dcur_menuconfig (950012C4)].dcur_mcmconfig.AddSliderOption() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 371
    [dcur_menuconfig (950012C4)].dcur_mcmconfig.OnPageReset() - "dcur_mcmconfig.psc" Line 1531
    [dcur_menuconfig (950012C4)].dcur_mcmconfig.SetPage() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 865
    [sKI_ConfigManagerInstance (68000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnPageSelect() - "SKI_ConfigManager.psc" Line 148

and

[06/04/2016 - 11:02:29PM] Error: Array index 2 is out of range (0-0)
stack:
    [zadConfigQuest (1801A282)].zadconfig.AddOption() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 871
    [zadConfigQuest (1801A282)].zadconfig.AddSliderOption() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 371
    [zadConfigQuest (1801A282)].zadconfig.OnPageReset() - "zadConfig.psc" Line 338
    [zadConfigQuest (1801A282)].zadconfig.SetPage() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 865
    [sKI_ConfigManagerInstance (68000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnPageSelect() - "SKI_ConfigManager.psc" Line 148

Do nothing for 2 min MCM DCUR DevDEV and again with 15s intval.log

Looks like DCUR is doing a lot of bad stuff. But not directly impacting the MCM.

Uninstall and reinstall also the DeviousDevice mods (like zad), for some reason the internal script lost the arrays.

And check also if your save game has not run out of space for variables. The errors from zad look like too many script variables in your savegame.

Looks like DCUR is doing a lot of bad stuff. But not directly impacting the MCM.

Uninstall and reinstall also the DeviousDevice mods (like zad), for some reason the internal script lost the arrays.

And check also if your save game has not run out of space for variables. The errors from zad look like too many script variables in your savegame.

Thank you for such a VERY quick response.  Much appreciated

Note what you suggest.  But as a starter I'd like to check the space issue.  As I am not a genius, LOL, what do I have to do to 'check also if your save game has not run out of space for variables', pls?

TIA

Check this thread: Corrupted Saves.

I went, I looked, and I scratched my head to the bone 

I shall now do a quick couple of courses in Outer Mongolian and Swahili and see if they help   LOL

More seriously, I've now tried 'Crash Fixes' without success, and there are a couple of other things I'll have a go at too.  If I do nail it down, I'll post something here for the rest of the non techies  :-)

Thanks anyway for the help.  It really is much appreciated.  My SOH and I will just keep plugging on... :D

SORTED!

The problem lay in a hanging over script called 'dunProgressiveCombatScript.psc' from the mod 'Forgotten Dungeons' by Juhanntero68

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57979/?

The forum thread there shows a number of people having similar issues, ie MCM degrading over a session, and the mod author has put up a revised version of the mod to deal with this, albeit, slightly confusingly, with the same version number @ 4.2.  Testing by others indicates so far that this might have addressed the problem OK

I went for the 'remove mod, save, clean save, run clean save to check OK, reinstall new mod version,' procedure and my MCM seems to now be behaving OK

FWIW, the mod is excellent.  The new dungeons are superb, and it's well worth a tryout  :shy:

Archived