Skyrim Freezes at Main Menu Logo

Arethiel

I wanted to play my modded Skyrim again after a few months and with the load order that previously worked fine, now hangs at the main menu logo.  I'm on Windows 10 now, so that could be a possible issue.  Attached are my Papyrus log (suspiciously small?) and Load Order.  I'm using Tetrachromatic ENB, but the game does boot into the main menu and display it if I launch the game with my no mod MO profile so I doubt it has anything to do with the ENB.

Papyrus.0.log

plugins.txt

use loot and see if it tells you any errors, the papyrus file says "missing file?" a lot, maybe you have some mods that overwrote each other and messed some stuff up

Loot says everything is fine.  Also, I should mention that it's not a CTD, the game continues running but I never get the main menu only the logo. 

It might be your windows 10 upgrade, it mightve changed some file directories around which might be messing up your game

I'm pretty much out of ideas so I think it's just best to try reinstalling your mods if noone else comes up with something better

Since there are replacers that do not require plugins i should ask: Do you have any background / mainmenu / font replacers installed? if you do remove them and try again

Also, to see the its a visual glitch or if the game is really "frozen": when you reach the main menu (in wich if i  understood you correctly you get there but never get to see the options "continue", "new", "load", etc), Can you bring down the console?

Finally, not related to your issue but it will give you trouble, XMPSE plugin should be lower than any SOS plugin (move to pretty much at the bottom of your load order)

Make sure this is also the case in the left panel of your mod organizer (so nothing overwrites XPMSE skeleton)

Since there are replacers that do not require plugins i should ask: Do you have any background / mainmenu / font replacers installed? if you do remove them and try again

Also, to see the its a visual glitch or if the game is really "frozen": when you reach the main menu (in wich if i  understood you correctly you get there but never get to see the options "continue", "new", "load", etc), Can you bring down the console?

Finally, not related to your issue but it will give you trouble, XMPSE plugin should be lower than any SOS plugin (move to pretty much at the bottom of your load order)

Make sure this is also the case in the left panel of your mod organizer (so nothing overwrites XPMSE skeleton)

The console does not appear, nor does ENB if I press shift enter.  

It's clearly a mod, I just can't figure out which mod and since I have a metric shit load of mods carefully constructed together reinstalling my mods isn't really an option.  It also appears to clearly be a script error with papyrus but since I don't know much about papyrus I can't pinpoint the mod. 

Things i see from your mods

- Unofficial Hearthfire Patch its missing in your load order. Nonetheless, you should think of downloading USLEEP and check if you have mods with old Unofficial patches dependency. (there are tools to switch it to USLEEP)

- 3rdEraWeaponsMoS.esm: Main page says you require Lorecraft 4.0 and Weapons of the Third Era Fixed/MoS but i am not sure if they in your load order. Just checking

- actorEvents.esm: As far as i know is a modders resourse and i do not even know if its compatible with SL 1.62. Why do you have it?

- More Dynamic Shadows: Not compatible with ELFX interiors, wich you did not install. Yet you installed the ELFX no breezehomeplugin. If you do not installed interiors i do not think you need that one. Try removing it.

- Tamriel Reloaded and Skyrim Flora Overhaul are not compatible. Game wont crash but you will have trees and grasses clipping everywhere. My advice: Keep SFO and use Tamriel Reloaded Textures only (delete esp) for cities, farmhouses, roads, etc. Delete all meshes / textures related to trees and grasses. Thats what i do and i belive i managed to have the best of both this way :)

- Verdant: Same as before. Check for compatibilty but you might have to pick 1

- XPMSE is loading before SOS. While this is ok check that this thing is not happening on the left panel of your MO (XPMSE shouldnt be overwritten by anything)

Just as a personal advice (it might work well but it is not recommended): You should either choose "sex skyrim" with just a little bit of "normal gameplay" OR a "normal gameplay" with just  a little bit of "sexual stuff". Between sexlab mods, combat mods, perk mods, magic mods and enemy mods you have waayyy too many mods with high scripting performance that will tax your system horribly as your playthrough advances.

Also, you reached 254 plugins.. you are on the edge!

Things i see from your mods

- Unofficial Hearthfire Patch its missing in your load order. Nonetheless, you should think of downloading USLEEP and check if you have mods with old Unofficial patches dependency. (there are tools to switch it to USLEEP)

- 3rdEraWeaponsMoS.esm: Main page says you require Lorecraft 4.0 and Weapons of the Third Era Fixed/MoS but i am not sure if they in your load order. Just checking

- actorEvents.esm: As far as i know is a modders resourse and i do not even know if its compatible with SL 1.62. Why do you have it?

- More Dynamic Shadows: Not compatible with ELFX interiors, wich you did not install. Yet you installed the ELFX no breezehomeplugin. If you do not installed interiors i do not think you need that one. Try removing it.

- Tamriel Reloaded and Skyrim Flora Overhaul are not compatible. Game wont crash but you will have trees and grasses clipping everywhere. My advice: Keep SFO and use Tamriel Reloaded Textures only (delete esp) for cities, farmhouses, roads, etc. Delete all meshes / textures related to trees and grasses. Thats what i do and i belive i managed to have the best of both this way :)

- Verdant: Same as before. Check for compatibilty but you might have to pick 1

- XPMSE is loading before SOS. While this is ok check that this thing is not happening on the left panel of your MO (XPMSE shouldnt be overwritten by anything)

Just as a personal advice (it might work well but it is not recommended): You should either choose "sex skyrim" with just a little bit of "normal gameplay" OR a "normal gameplay" with just  a little bit of "sexual stuff". Between sexlab mods, combat mods, perk mods, magic mods and enemy mods you have waayyy too many mods with high scripting performance that will tax your system horribly as your playthrough advances.

Also, you reached 254 plugins.. you are on the edge!

USLEEP is not compatible with some mods I have. Unofficial Hearthfire Patch is a patch that hasn't made any difference for me in the past. 

Weapons of the 3rd Era by MOS isn't available anymore so not sure what page you're looking at but it's not for that mod. 

Actor Events: Good question, a mod I have probably requires it.

ELFX No breezehome is required for my game to not CTD even though I don't use Interiors.

Tamriel Reloaded and SFO are compatible, at least the versions I have are. Same with Verdant, it's just a question of what overwrites what.

Changed XPMSE load order, no change. 

254 plugins is by design. 

Also, the amount of mods I have do not impact my system negatively, I don't run on a potato. The biggest thing is that this exact order worked like a month and a half ago. But it seems to be a scripting mod causing Skyrim to hang.  

USLEEP is not compatible with some mods I have. Unofficial Hearthfire Patch is a patch that hasn't made any difference for me in the past. 

I wouldnt care much about UHP either, but USLEEP its important. If you have some mods that stil require old unofficial patches you can change their dependency with a Tes5edit. Eventually you might find yourself needing it since other patches wont be updated anymore and some mods are released updated with the new dependency. Anyway, this was still a comment and not a "command" of some sort. The less things "unsolved" you have on your system the better.

Weapons of the 3rd Era by MOS isn't available anymore so not sure what page you're looking at but it's not for that mod. 

I apologize for this. I had so many tabs opened i think i messed up. I didnt know that mod so i googled it and i think i look into Lorecraft 4.0 and not the main page of the mod. Again, my apologies, i was supposed to help not confuse you ! :P

ELFX No breezehome is required for my game to not CTD even though I don't use Interiors.

Now, this is weird. That plugin in should work as a "change undo-er" of ELFX interiors. If you get CTD, does that mean you have some plugin depending on it???

Tamriel Reloaded and SFO are compatible, at least the versions I have are. Same with Verdant, it's just a question of what overwrites what.

You are correct. They wont make the game crash or anything like that, but they will conflict. You will see some random crap like trees overlaying, grasses inside trees, trees not looking as intended, your LoD will be messy aswell (unless you generate it) and even when you have a great computer there it will be a slight unwanted performance loss. If you want more / denser grass and trees you can do this just with some settings in your skyrim.ini

I do not use Verdant, but Verdant's main page states that is not compatible with TR (it is with SFO tho). 

Also, the amount of mods I have do not impact my system negatively, I don't run on a potato. The biggest thing is that this exact order worked like a month and a half ago. But it seems to be a scripting mod causing Skyrim to hang.  

I never suggested such a thing (that your computer is bad), but i do not agree with your statement. That your computer can usually handle it so you wont notice doesnt mean its not getting a negative impact. Sometimes it only needs 1 more little thing to start crashing and then its not a particular mod that is messing but the sums of all. Proof is, your system IS crashing...

Anyway, my post was meant as a suggestions / comments / observations list. If you read it again you will see i use words like "i think" "should" "may be" "could" "try", etc

You can completely ignore my comments and stick to your "my system and mods are ok" belief  or... you could indulge me and give a try to (some of) what i said and see what happens. What do you have to lose?

I am just trying to help, no offense was intended

Farewell

Archived