Help blender

Lux77

Unless something has changed, A skin partition is only created in Blender 2.49 with the proper nifscripts installed. The scripts were made to work with Oblivion nif file structure. To my knowledge there is no way to do it with blender versions > 2.49.

Look here.

Unless something has changed' date=' A skin partition is only created in Blender 2.49 with the proper nifscripts installed. The scripts were made to work with Oblivion nif file structure. To my knowledge there is no way to do it with blender versions > 2.49.

Look here.

I have this

- Blender 2.49b

- Python 2.6.2

- Pyffi 2.1.10

- NIFscripts 2.5.7

but where i should make it?

It's created during export. Export as a nif file and the default settings should create the skin partition. Is this a weight painted model and parented to a skeleton?

That's an hair mesh from oblivion and i'm trying to set it up for skyrim,so i suppose it's not weighted,it's all the same color

Yes probably to the head bone. Try to export and see what happens. Trial and error is a good way to learn.

Thanks for your help,but i didn't understand well,i need to copy weight from the head maes and apply on the hair mesh,right

I have not worked with nifs in over a year, so I am rusty. I hope someone more current will come along and help you.

When you imported the hair to blender did it come with a skeleton? If yes, then it already has weights applied. I have no idea how it will work with skyrim.

You will probably have to delete the weights and find out how to re-rig the hair for use in skyrim. I do believe TESV has a different structure than TESIV.

Also try to import a skyrim hair nif and look at it in blender. You may have to export the skyrim nif from nifskope as an .obj file to import to blender 2.49. Do this and look at the structure to see if it is similar.

I have not worked with nifs in over a year' date=' so I am rusty. I hope someone more current will come along and help you.

When you imported the hair to blender did it come with a skeleton? If yes, then it already has weights applied. I have no idea how it will work with skyrim.

You will probably have to delete the weights and find out how to re-rig the hair for use in skyrim. I do believe TESV has a different structure than TESIV.

Also try to import a skyrim hair nif and look at it in blender. You may have to export the skyrim nif from nifskope as an .obj file to import to blender 2.49. Do this and look at the structure to see if it is similar.

[/quote']

Thanks nice idea the one of the .obj ;)

If the skyrim hair is weighted to a bone, (head) then delete the weights from the oblivion hair and do the bone weight copy from the skyrim hair to the oblivion hair. Select the weight and paint by hand any parts of the hair that were missed. This will only work if it is all head bone. If you need neck/shoulders too, then it is more complicated.

If it is required to be parented to a skeleton then I'm not sure how you will do that. I don't know if you can get a skyrim skeleton into blender.

You may also be able to export as obj and import/paste over a skyrim hair nif. Not sure about this though.

EDIT:

What I mean here is export from blender as obj and import/paste in nifskope over a skyrim hair. It might work.

If the skyrim hair is weighted to a bone' date=' (head) then delete the weights from the oblivion hair and do the bone weight copy from the skyrim hair to the oblivion hair. Select the weight and paint by hand any parts of the hair that were missed. This will only work if it is all head bone. If you need neck/shoulders too, then it is more complicated.

If it is required to be parented to a skeleton then I'm not sure how you will do that. I don't know if you can get a skyrim skeleton into blender.

You may also be able to export as obj and import/paste over a skyrim hair nif. Not sure about this though.

EDIT:

What I mean here is export from blender as obj and import/paste in nifskope over a skyrim hair. It might work.

[/quote']

Many thanks for your help!I'll try

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Creating_an_armour_for_Skyrim._Part_1

Read the section on bone weight copying. You have to select the hair, delete all the vertex groups, then select the hair and a skyrim head (or hair for that matter) and click "object>scripts>boneweight copy, set it quality level 3 and go. That will copy the proper bone weights. Then you have to make sure you have a material with an image based texture applied (doesn't matter what) and export that bugger. Read the whole tutorial step by step if you run into problems.

Archived