DOA5 Mod Permission(s) Inquiry

Xeenx30

I'm curious of the general steps one has to take at this point to make and/or use other people's models in the creation of a mod for DOA5 at this point.

Though my actual interest currently is the general feeling toward mods that aren't game based, such as those for XPS and/or character renders using blender/3ds/cinema4d/etc.

Basically for some time now i have been quite annoyed at the sheer lack of nude bases to use for characters when rendering, and having to change an idea because a costume mesh has a nice big hole where a body part would be once you remove a bikini. Now of course since I'm in the "if nude, then no to the invisible bra effect" i would prefer a natural look as well in the bust category. adding selfishness to this then comes uniqueness to the areas of said glands of each character. 

Now i know there are natural mods for DOA5 pc, but none go as to far as to the restrictions of use outside or even inside DOA5 (i find this odd considering it is a well known fact misunderstandings over things can occur within modding communities with disastrous effects)

So while i consider the answer in general is no you can't use for example port HDM 3.36 over to xps to use for a nude render, or a base to dress up oh i don't know Nyotengu as Lulu from FF10, and then possibly to later port into the game out of amusement.

Still i simply want to probe for the general can do and can not's of DOA5 modding, and ultimately if i have to do everything from scratch.

This would at least assist where i should start learning about the entire correct tmc to obj conversion process in the first place.

Well yes from a legal standpoint probably none of us would be able to stand against a direct C&D letter thrown in our face by KT, but i would at least like to be civil about the entire thing.

Either way so far I'm finding blender seems to really like going nuts over imported hdm 3.36 meshes with import TMC pc. Random Seams that shouldn't be in places, discolored faces, mesh tearing, and etc. Using blender Remove doubles is out of the question since it destroys the mesh in annoying ways, especially in areas like the nails.

However via Obj import for example, Ayane's body for some odd reason has a bunch of vertices from a finger in her right hand going straight into the middle of her body. This isn't the case in the Noesis preview of course, but the obj doesn't come with the armature either so this is all really going to be fun(aka pain) to figure out.

If i do figure out something at all.

Archived