SL Defeat: apparently unlootable items

Wolborg

I would like to share an experience I had with a mildly annoying bug of SL Defeat which I succeeded in solving.

When I creep up on a target, render him helpless with G and take all the items in his inventory, he gets naked. (Provided I have enabled the stripping of everything in the MCM, which I have.) However, when the victim is a Whiterun guard, he will keep his WG Armor, WG Helmet, WG Shield and Fur Boots. When I rape him, he gets fully naked during sex. After the sex animation, the helpless victim somehow puts his helmet back on while the armor, shield and boots remain lying on the floor from where I can pick them up. After I kill him, I could loot his body and take his helmet, except that the other guards nearby would hear it and come and arrest me, unless I have tied them all up first.

This happens, as far as I can remember, always with Whiterun Guards and Windhelm Guards (be they male or female) and rarely, maybe 1 time out of 10, with other NPC's. (Although, of course I didn't have the opportunity to G-assault all the guards.)

I turned off all the mods apart from Defeat and its requirements. That is, for the testing purposes I even turned off SoS, CBBE and the DLC's. I tested that configuration with two games. Firstly, I started a new game with the console command COC WhiterunJorrvaskr. Secondly, I loaded a vanilla savegame where I was halfway between Helgen and Riverwood (without Hadvar). Both times, the results were the same.

Having depleted all the ideas I had, I decided to call it a night. In the morning, I loaded the last quicksave. I found myself standing in front of a knocked-down Riverwood guard. I checked out his inventory. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that I was able to loot him naked this time. (That is, to underwear because SoS was disabled.)

I reenabled all the mods I had had before, started a new game at Jorrvaskr, let everything load, adjusted Defeat and SexLab MCM settings, then quicksaved, loaded that quicksave and went to the guards barracks and G-assaulted a guard. I was still unable to loot those four items.

I loaded that quicksave again, walked to the guards barracks and quicksaved in front of the door, reloaded and went in. Same result.

And so on.

What finally did the trick was this:

1) G-assault

2) empty the victim's inventory (the game wouldn't let me loot those four items)

3) quicksave

4) load that save

5) open the victim's inventory

The inventory which I had emptied just before the last save, now amazingly contained those four items I had been denied previously. After I had taken them, the guard was naked. No helmet, no nothing.

To sum up: if you are unable to strip the victim naked after a G-assault, just quicksave after an unsuccessful loot attempt. Load that save and you'll be able to loot him naked.

This result seems to be replicable with various mod configurations. I'm curious: why would some items be unlootable and become lootable after save and reload? Does anyone know the answer?

Archived