How to determine the target of the conversation?

RadogoR

Hi guys,

First of all, sorry if I posted it in the wrong place, but I couldn`t find any other subforum where it would be better to post my question.

The problem is following:

For example, I have an NPC "A" with a wandering AI package allowing random conversations with other NPCs.

Let`s imagine that this NPC "A" met some other NPC "B" and started a conversation with him.

Now I need to compose a script that will determine who is this NPC "B" (e.g. return the reference ID of NPC "B") and then make the "B" NPC do something.

Is there such a function? I lurked the whole TES CS Wiki but couldn`t find anything.

Off the top of my head:

If you were using the Fallout Geck, in the topic conditions for the conversation you would create a new condition that was run on the target and use function GetID to check if the target was reference ID of "B". Then in the result script (end) block you could make the "B" NPC do something after the topic for that conversation was completed.

Hopefully that would translate to whichever platform you are using.

Thank you for your reply, it could be really a good solution, but the problem is that we dont know what ID this "B" will be.

Maybe my explanation of the problem was unclear. )

I meant, that the NPC A has just a standart wandering AI Package, allowing him/her random conversations with other NPC's. We don't know, who will this NPC B actually be, it will be just a random person on the street.

And the problem itself is to determine the ID of this random NPC after the conversation took place.

Archived