Lamia (Tsaesci) race?

GHJKL

How hard would it be to make a lamia (upper human body, lower snake body)race? And would it be worth the trouble?

It would be unable to use most armors as most armors have lowerbody parts, but that excluded...

The upperbody is human. maybe like nord,imperial or something,

Would need lots of new animations for walking, fighting,maybe almost everything.

There is no readily useable tail as there are no snakes in skyrim. Maybe dragontail texture could be used?

The tail would be quite long, would the tail be able to have collision and gravity points as in "Tail doesn't go through walls or tail is completly straight while you are walking up a mountain"

2wgyjva.png

First one is bad, Second one is good

Would anyone be able to make this?

And if this is to hard, would a change from snaketail to spiderlegs make it any easier, as there are spiders in skyrim, which are animated. so instead of new animations it would mean mixing existing animation?

Someone actually manage to do this in Oblivion. It's possible' date=' It may take some time though since modding in Skyrim is still in it's infant stages.

[video=youtube']

Skip to 4:33 to see the actual race.

that was a tail attached to one of the leg bones. It clips and looks horrible.

I would LOVE to see this done. Something that has made me a little sad is that in the vast bulk of RPG games, all of the available races to play as are bi-pedal humanoids. You never get to play as anything like a centaur or lamia or dryder or anything that doesn't walk on two legs. Even reverse joint legs are not that common(mecha games not included).

While i am no animator i would imagine that if you were going to design the skeleton, animations, and such for a snake race you might set them up so that their snake half was divided into 3 sections. The first two would be moving opposite each other to in a manner reminiscent of an upright cobra(as some breeds can move while upright) while the third section would be either have little to no animation to it, just limp like the rope/clothe in the Bethesda DICE video so it moves with the world. The upper body would be above the middle of the first section of the body and wouldn't move too much.

Archived