Model doesn't show up correctly in-game

This is a helmet port from Blacklight Retribution. I have already exhausted most of my options on trying to fix it. In game the model does not show up and later it crashes. 

Mod Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/buy5twqo71up5/BR_Helmet

Original post with Images of the issue: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4001765-model-doesnt-show-up-correctly-in-game/&do=findComment&comment=36555065

The nif in that link is not set up for Fallout 4 looks like it was done for skyrim and even then not properly.

The only way at the monument to get it in to F4 is to push the nif through bodyslides outfit studio.

You will also need to convert those .tga textures to .dds at the right compression.

(DXT 1 i think works, but BCn would be better, BC 5 for normal, metal/rough and BC 1 (no alpha) BC 7 (alpha) for the albedo/diffuse)

The nif in that link is not set up for Fallout 4 looks like it was done for skyrim and even then not properly.

The only way at the monument to get it in to F4 is to push the nif through bodyslides outfit studio.

You will also need to convert those .tga textures to .dds at the right compression.

(DXT 1 i think works, but BCn would be better, BC 5 for normal, metal/rough and BC 1 (no alpha) BC 7 (alpha) for the albedo/diffuse)

It won't even let me import it into outfit studio, just get an bad allocation error

Okay I tried it again and I cleaned it up but I still have the same issue

Updated Mesh: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/xx0ba84coxefa/BRH

List of thing i found wrong with it.

1. The "BSTriShape" should be a "BSSubIndexTriShape", you can right click it 'Block' > 'Convert' click it and then 'Bethesda' > 'BSSubIndexTriShape'.

2. In "BSShaderTextureSet"  thats nested in the "BSLightingShaderProperty" you have hard paths linking the textures you only need to start after the texture folder.

eg. brh\tx_helmet_hero_009_dif.dds

3. The Material is pointing to "Materials\Armor\zDarthVader\helmet.BGSM" a BGSM file will override some of the settings in the nif and so you will want to use one made for it, or a blank one.

4. The "NiNode" also has the Material applied, no idea if it will be a problem but removing it is easily done so do it.

5. The mesh is not actually skinned, there are bones listed and it has a "BSSkin::Instance" but the mesh is not rigged at all.

^ fix all that and you should be good.

After doing a couple more converts I noticed that, if the model fails to show up in game it's either the esp info not being setup correctly or the file structure is wrong.

For me that was having folder1\folder2\(meshes, textures, materials and .esp file) instead of folder1\ (meshes, textures, materials and .esp file). (This is if you are archiving the mod into a .rar file or similar and then activating the mod using a mod manager).

Hope that helps.

Edit: Clarification

Archived