[Idea] Side effect from cryosleep

Kit Kitten

So I was browsing the Nexus forums as a recent Bethesda induced bug had basically ruined my new game.

Bug info from Arthmoor on his Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch page:

Critical Corrupt Record Fix - Wasteland Workshop DLC

As an indirect result of Bug #19653 in UFO4P 1.0.0, a corrupted record in DLCworkshop01.esm has been fixed. If you started a new game with Wasteland Workshop and did NOT have any mods loaded after it that altered the WorkshopParent quest, your save is probably corrupt and should be thrown out. Contrary to popular opinion, this is NOT due to xEdit not understanding the record. It's been confirmed by examining it with a hex editor that the quest data has indeed been truncated by the Bethesda team. THEY need to fix this properly, but in the event they don't, you MUST make sure the UFO4P always loads after Wasteland Workshop!

Anyways. I saw an interesting idea in their Mod Request forums about additional cryo equipment in the style of DC Comics sometimes-villain Mr. Freeze (Post Here). This got me thinking, now most of us here really don't need any excuse to have our player character running around with little to no clothes but what if those 200+ years on ice had an unforeseen side effect on maybe a small genetic anomaly (or other such justification) in the player that makes it so that he or she finds that they get hot easily when wearing normal levels of clothing. Remember, the game starts in autumn, in Boston. That region is damn chilly that time of year, and who knows what kind of climate change happened as a result of The Great War's devastation. It is not likely to have gotten any warmer (Though I'm no climatologist).

So I was thinking wouldn't it be neat if there was a mod that while not preventing the player from wearing normal clothes, at least somehow encouraged wearing skimpy items or no clothing at all (armor pieces alone are pretty skimpy anyways and wouldn't really need to be accounted for). Some potential compatibility issues to keep in mind would be mods that replace vanilla clothing with skimpy or nude options but that would be a discussion for later.

Anyways that's my idea. Do with it what you will.

Archived