Unknown female dremora mod, breaking quest, can't find mod responsible.

MbEE7dQ.jpg

So playing Skyrim again, (unimportant) I decided for a safe play though with no crazy old broken scripts trying to run on a old save, so I'll start over on a new save.

(details) I am trying to do the conjuration ritual quest for thralls, when I summon the unbound dremora, sometimes I get the him and he talks and fights normally, other times at random I get this abomination that just halts the quest. tries to talk to me but no voice, cant be talked to, will attack unless I use TCAI (obvi), if killed another unbound dremora can't be summoned, nor while alive.

I payed attention to the mods I installed, to the best of my ability. I avoided skimpy, sexy, etc mods being installed. The Only mod I have downloaded for female dremora is "conjure female sexy dremora - replacer" 1. not installed, 2. I have the non replacer optional.

conjure female sexy dremora - replacer 

they look nothing alike

monster mods I do have installed are: 

Immersive monsters

& monster mod

nether seems the type to carry this....

(question) I've looked around and couldn't find anything on this. I was wondering if anyone here has a clue what mod installs this annoying quest breaker? or a alternate way to finish? no console finishing please, that may just be a means to a end, but Id rather not just "finish the quest" and addspell.

I will leave this page active in my chrome browser, so checking daily.

Also, I appreciate any help.

So, update, removing both mods, and disabling the crimson dragon from chaos dragons that was attacking it fixed my problem.

Immersive creatures wasn't the problem. without it I talk to floating heads and weapons to finish the quest, still gets the job done.

process of elimination say monsters mod did it. so yes apologies. if a moderator can remove this topic, I won't mind. but the female dremora is still a quest breaker without the dragon only heads up I can give for monsters mod.

• 8 months later...

Can confirm that Monster Mod does indeed break the quest "Conjuration Spell Ritual" due to the female version of the Dremora. Rather annoying. Disable the mod and you should be able to finish the quest. Also Monster Mod will have missing textures if you have armor replacer mods installed. IE Immersive Armors, and anything else that edits what armor entities will have. This is probably due to the fact that Immersive Armors does not have replacers for the new entities from Monster Mod, and thus Monster Mod tries to load from the edited files and cannot find the armor it is looking for and so it leaves it blank. Again this can be seen in the Conjuration Spell Ritual quest where if the female Dremora is spawned, there will be no armor loaded, leaving a weapon and floating head being all that's loaded in.

Archived