How do I actually get mods to work?

AJJ

I bought the game on steam (and one dlc also), but can't find the 3dgame.ini I keep reading about (only a generic settings .ini), and don't understand anything I am reading about how to install any mods.

Is there an idiots guide out there somewhere?

thanks

Download Mod Organizer, watch the videos on how to install, then run through the MO tutorial. It will help you get a few mods installed. SKSE, and Sky UI are a must, but they take a bit of doing, again watch the videos. For now if you have no 8dea what you are doing, keep it simple, use MO get some weapons or maybe a standalone follower or two just to get the run down of how to do things then branch off from there. Be prepared to break your game, it will happen, don't be discouraged, just reinstall and try again. Once you feel a bit more comfortable with how MO works, move on to new skeletons and bodies, and then the world will open up for you with zillions of mods. Once you have that going good, try out some quests, or Sexlab, and again, be prepared to mess up, we all have been there. MO will help, but sometimes you have to reinstall. After a few mods and maybe a few mistakes you will get the hang of it and you should be good to branch out with new more elaborate stuff, and hopefully not break anything except maybe a save or two.

Try not to add and remove to many mods on a game you actually want to play. Use some test runs to find stuff you like, and then build a new game off of those mods, and leave it alone. Don't add new stuff too much, and don't take things out if possible.

Good luck, and remember, YouTube is your friend. This forum is great for a lot of tuings, and people are super helpful, but most basic questions have answers in video tutorial form, and are a lot easier to follow along with. Just the video once or twice then mod your game as you follow along in the vid.

I bought the game on steam (and one dlc also), but can't find the 3dgame.ini I keep reading about (only a generic settings .ini), and don't understand anything I am reading about how to install any mods.

Is there an idiots guide out there somewhere?

thanks

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/54820-doa5lr-a-few-modding-tools-updated-121715/

This should help for the tools. 

lnk_reshuffle-v4.7.7z

For lnk_reshuffle's latest version

quickfix.zip

This is for to replace the dlnput8 that came with lnk_reshuffle v4.7.7 so it can work properly.

Archived