Smoker Friendly (Planning)

feral

Once the tools are released I'd like to make a simple smoking mod. The goal of the mod would be to make the existing items in game consumable, use any available animations (if any, or attach a cig or cigar to the player character) and apply proper buffs and debuffs.

I think the mod would be kept simple, cos I plan on making this available for console (because I'm on console lol)

I'd build it similar to that of my old "Smoker Friendly" mod I made for Fallout New Vegas, that was extremely simple. Except I'd need the help of a scripter for the more complex features, like attaching an object and removing it on a timer.

In short when you run across a cigarette, cigar or package there of; when picking it up the player would be prompted with a menu.

"Junk": This would send the object to your junk menu like normal

"Store": This would send the object to your aid menu for consumption

"Use": This would use the object immediately. If it's a pack, carton or box it would distribute items as necessary into your aid inventory.

Also if the player later decides they want to scrap their smoking items, they can drop the aid version of the items and be greeted with the prompt menu again.

Upon the consumption of the tobacco product, the item would give the player certain buffs and debuffs. As a concept I'm thinking a boost to the amount of AP a player has, but a slower regeneration; and a boost to perception. The mod would also implement use of the vanilla withdrawl system.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An alternate idea that a friend of mine proposed wouldn't require the duplication of items for the "aid" list, as hotkeys could be scripted so that the player takes a smoke item from their junk inventory and apply buffs and debuffs through scripting. It might be better for PC, but I'm not sure for consoles because all the buttons are already used; though the "quick select" feature could be made use of.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived