Question about Load Orders

sshadow5001

So I wanna get my game running a bit smoother and I figured instead of leaving it to LOOT to decide on a good load order I'd like to learn what order should mods generally be in?

I've looked about but I can't seem to find a straight answer. like should Mods that alter landscapes be above quest mods with new areas. should hair and body mods be nearer the top etc.

Does anyone have a general rule of what order mods should be in?

Guest endgameaddiction

One advice to give is if you tinker with the load order, Keep your NPC overhaul plugins at the bottom or near the bottom. Often times some other mods that include NPCs can mess up overhaul one's such as SBF or any other out there. When ever you have a NPC overhaul with dark faces and vanilla hair, it's a given fact that it's conflicting with another plugin that's below it.

Okay, here's another. If you use mods like Feminine Females that corrects all female NPCs animation that normally have the bulky male animation like Orcs and Lidia for example, you want to also keep that at the bottom. I always have mods like Feminine Female below my NPC overhaul mods.

For the rest, it's usually just playing around with your load order and figuring out what the cause of problems are and to fix it.

I don't bother with LOOT or Wrybash. Never had the need to really since I've been in the mod game for a long time and I'm used to doing things manually for the most part. Until Mod Organizer came around. Best mod manager ever. I recommend trying it and learning the curves if you don't use it.

Archived