SUPERHOT in Fallout 4

I was watching SUPERHOT gameplay (seen here:  http://store.steampowered.com/app/322500/)  and thought,

"I want this in Fallout 4..."

So I started looking around for ways to implement time being frozen until moving.

Edit#1: (3/20/16)
I found this mod: Bullet Time - Slow Time  on the Nexus
It does something similar to what I want, in that it slows time drastically.
I just need to figure out how to freeze time, not just slow to VATS-speed, and tie in movement control.

Edit#2: (3/20/16)

Looking at the mod linked above, the scripts are just to adjust the effect in-game, so there is already functionality in fo4edit to do what I want.

I built a quick .esp in with the slow time effect as slow as I could (zero didn't work, so I used 0.000001) and added a conditional to be 'paused' only when not moving. There are quite a few issues in this way of doing it.

• Physics(hair and breasts) glitch out
  • Time is not actually frozen, just really slow
  • Bullets are not entities mid-air -- shooting while 'paused' still instantly hits targets
  • the moving conditional takes time to take effect -- you will move and then stop, wait about 1 second, then time will 'pause' again.

The bullets not being entities issue is the biggest problem.  This project is stopped unless a workaround is found.

I put all of my original ramblings into a spoiler to keep this post clean(er). 

Lets look at the console

The closest i could find is the console command

"SetGlobalTimeMultiplier <amount>, sgtm <x>"

but I don't want to constantly be:

1)  entering the console

2)  typing in sgtm 0

3)  looking around

4)  sgtm 1

5)  move forwarQUICKLY ENTER THE CONSOLE, DONT GET SHOT, DONT GET SHOT, PLEASE...

6)  repeat.

7)  again.

8999)  again.

9000)  again.

9001)  Why am I still doing this?

9002)  again.

9003)  I've moved four feet in 9003 steps...

9004)  There has to be a better way...

9005)  again.

9006)  again.

Lets look at papyrus

Since Creation Kit is not out, I have no clue how to implement this.  It is possible, since mods like Robot Home Defence and others have scripting in them.  And I might look more into this.

F4SE Anyone?

I have very limited programming experience, just a bit of Python and semester of Java in college

I couldn't find any guides for F4SE plugins, but there is some for SKSE, so this is what I looked at.

Looking at creationkit.com and guides on papyrus with SKSE, I can't find any way to use movement as a trigger

The next best thing is to use a button press to freeze time, look around, then release the button to resume.

I wrote out a short code        WARNING! This likely is not proper syntax, so bear with me...

Event OnKeyDown(Int KeyCode)
   Debug.Trace("A registered key has been pressed")
   If KeyCode == 48
      Debug.Trace("B is registered and has been pressed")
      SetGlobalTimeMultiplier 0 ;or something to freeze time
   EndIf
EndEvent

Event OnKeyUp(Int KeyCode, Float HoldTime)
   Debug.Trace("A registered key has been released after being held for " + HoldTime + " seconds")
   If KeyCode == 48
      Debug.Trace("B is registered and has been released after being held for " + HoldTime + " seconds")
      SetGlobalTimeMultiplier 1 ;or something to resume time
   EndIf
EndEvent

Final Thoughts

This is possible, not sure how practical it will be.

However, I really want to try and make this work.

any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
ghost117rider

There is a Superhot mod for Fallout New Vegas that works very similar to Superhot gameplay.  You have to use a few other mods to get the bullets to work even close to how it is in Superhot of course.  Even then it's not as fluid or easy. 

For now you are right that the best you can do is use one of the Bullet Time mods.  I use the one you posted with a hotkey and Vats time which is 4%.  Superhot doesn't completely freeze time so 4% is fine for now.

• 6 months later...

Archived