Better SSAO settings?

Eireamhoin

So I've been trying to figure out why my characters kinda look like shit up close. 

For example if you do a close up on, say, Lydia's leg, you actually get this grid effect where it's shading based on the mesh...looks really odd. Plus sometimes notice these almost diagonal shadows on their faces. 

Been playing with shadow settings like crazy. No idea why, but I just happened to toggle off the SSAO setting in my ENB. No more crappy shadowing on her leg or face. 

Is there a setting I'm missing that'll make this look good, or is it just a weird result of viewing items close up with it turned on?

Via my Nvidia console settings it's turned off for Skyrim.

So the ENB is the only thing creating the SSAO.

Yeah those are pretty close.

Here's an image as well.

post-282734-0-61214600-1427009058_thumb.jpg

You can see the geometry of the mesh on her inner thigh.

Also when she has a hood on, you can see these shadow lines moving across face as the camera moves. 

All goes away with AO turned off. 

I didn't know if there was some setting I could adjust that'd smooth it out, or if I just need to keep that in mind for close up stuff. =P

Archived