More polygons to an existing mesh

striknado

you need to do this in blender or max or another modeling program. It can be done by subdividing the mesh but then you will need to modify the geometry or you will still have a blocky mesh just one with more poly. once that is all done you need to reweight the mesh before exporting. all of this requires a working knowledge of the program that you intend to use. to get that you can watch tutorials on youtube once of our fellow LL members who's name slips my mind at his time has a 70 video series for 3dsmax just google youtube skyrim 3d moddeling armor and you should eventualy stumble on the series

edit you can also download the series using clipconverter to watch them offline, at work, at the dentist's or having sex .

Depending on he mesh topology, and how the normal maps are made, it may or may not be a good idea to subdivide the mesh. It's quite probable you'll get a mesh that indeed has more polys, but looks even crappier than the original. It would take a long-ish article to write about all the factors, but in general, adding polys to a finalized lowpoly mesh is a nasty business and I'd suggest doing so carefully and manually over any automated process.

IMHO, it's way more trouble than it's worth though.

I only increase poly when I am having problem with low-poly meshes and its hard to make them skintight without clipping.

Mostly around waist area and breasts.

Yeah, that is one of the problem...can you help me showing  the steps how to increase poly?

I start to using blender latest version....since the nif plugin only import but not export nif (error occurs). I export by nifskope to obj.

Into the blender i found the comand to incrase hig poly (ctrl + 1) and (alt + c) to smooth curves and i got what i want..this improves the low poly like i want.

After that, i export by blender to 3ds or obj to open in the nifskope and back it up to .nif. But when i try to open with bodyslide i got crash.

I dont know what i need to do inside blender to prepare the high poly mesh  i just made to open with bodyslide.

I just trying to learn, i am totaly lost. some help will be much appreciated

Archived