How to run DOA5LR for dummies like me

Verhoven69

Same as my Lnk Reshuffle topic, will post this easy to understand what to do to run DOA5LR in the PC

What you'll be needing:

1. Windows OS PC. Preferably 64 bit with all the updates like .net frameworks 4.5 up

2. Monster hardware(?) ......joke but if you want one to almost rival a PS4, fairly powerful processor and Video card and lot's of RAM.

3. Game accessory joystick like those used in consoles (Logitech works well with me)

4. LED monitor 

5. Steam account (the only official source for the PC  version). For other unofficial sources, Google it!

Installing the game

1. Open Steam account

2. Pay and Download game

3. Run the game

4. But wait, in some PCs,despite having adequate RAM, the game won't run. A certain Asian based website has a patch for this issue. You can download the patch from there

Running the games with mods

1.As I mentioned prior, make sure your OS is updated with the .net Framework etc

2. There are several mods that allow you to play with the game butdoing so, please be adviced that you risk voiding game warranty and if you are an online gamer, you might get sanctioned at Steam

3. To those amateur modding skills up to professionals, for the former, there is archive tools and lnk reshuffle if you like to swap mods with the official ones. UMod, is kind of not so user friendly. For the latter skilled modders, you can create DLC packs and use those modding tools

4.Concerning lnk reshuffle (see the original thread) for used on the base costumes. make sure to update them

5.Concerning Archive Tool for use in the DLCs

6.Install the "patch" from a certain Asian site if you want to run the mods

The mods won't run, crashes the game, there are weird graphical effects

1. The boon/bane of PC gaming. Differing hardware means differing architectures meaning there will be differing effects

2. Some mods were made with older tools so some of them are showing their glitches/age

3. Some costumes are just a pain in the @ss that it won't get modded lol!

4. When you are making your own DLC or using other modded DLCs and the mod won't show up or crashes, means there's a conflict in the pack. Also, don't forget to update manually the mod list of the Asian gaming site patch

5. Sometimes, the game goes haywire that the installed mods which worked fine before crashes the game. If that happens check all your mods. Try unintsalling or resetting the mods.

Why are Steam updates (aka DOA5LR ver 1 up) new costume/characters needed?

1. New updates means changing to the game's structure. So yup they are great but.....

2. Unless you really want the new update, make sure you make a backup of your old game before you upgrade as it might......

3. THe game itself has a limited number of costume slots so previous modded costumes may no longer work for the updated version

4. Official updates means you wait for  our highly skilled indie programmers to update the tools (Lnk reshuffle, archive tool etc) to also update them to get your version to work

I hope this helps.

Archived