CTD on loading outside areas - internal areas are no problem.

DarkF

Hey everyone.  I'm struggling to make my game run.  I'm having a few small issues:

Internal areas load fine, but external areas cause an immediate CTD.  Also the male naked animation is somehow the same as the female one.

I've looked for, and applied all appropriate compatibility patches that I could find.  I've cleaned Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm, etc, in TES5Edit, sorted masters, and interestingly using a batched patch results in a CTD even -in- internal areas, while without the bashed patch, I can load internal but not external areas.  Please help!  Files are attached.

Papyrus.0.log

loadorder.txt

Guest Suited Prawns

Well from experience outside area crashes usually come from too much stuff for your processor to handle, or running out of vram. Do you have an enb installed?

I'm running an ASUS ROG G751JY, 4 GB GTX980m, 24 GB ram, i7-4820 processor.  I had not considered that a lack of power might be the issue here, but that could happen.  How can I tell?  What can I scale back to see if the issue gets resolved?

I'm running an ASUS ROG G751JY, 4 GB GTX980m, 24 GB ram, i7-4820 processor.  I had not considered that a lack of power might be the issue here, but that could happen.  How can I tell?  What can I scale back to see if the issue gets resolved?

Skyrim is not limited by your hardware in any way if you rnd ctd while running trough the world then its the vram if you have a enb installed it will never be the processor the cpu is the most unimportant part in a pc today that for the power.

Its more likley that its not to much for your hardware rather its to much for the engine to handle the more cells are loaded the more likley you will crash as in more cells you will also have more npc's creatures etc. that have scripts attached if you have ugrids on 7 instead of default on 5 for example you not only have the hardware impact on the more textures etc. loaded you also have more grids and therefore most likley more scripts running if you want to know if its 100% certain this issue you can just disable all mods and start the game you will see that first a new game is loading up better and second the less scripted mods you have the better its loading. So enough for that stuff to fix it you have two ways the first would be get rid of heavy scripted mods (I dont like this either) second and most common used workaround (not a solution) is to make yourself a savegame in a interiour cell best from main menu open console use "coc qasmoke" then let everything intialise save this game and load this game allways before loading your actual savegame thats the common work around third and last would be allways to save inside I recommend and use the second as the most people do its a common workaround as said.

btw even with my 980ti 6gb vram 16gb ram and enb I run in this issue its as said nothing hardware related

Interestingly applying a properly made bashed patch causes it to CTD immediately upon loading up character creation.  I removed a whole bunch of mods (turned them off in Mod Organizer, reran FNIS, recompiled the BPatch) and attached is the Papyrus log.  Currently upon completing character customization in RaceMenu I CTD.

For whatever reason I'm unable to upload my current Papyrus log (error 403 in the uploader), and attempting to copy-paste it into this response results in another error.

You have a lot landscape (overhaul) mods.

Try to uninstall them and then install one by one until you find the mod that causes CTDing. See if that helps.

From what I understand, the problem with a lot of texture mods is that they rewrite the original. So disabling it does nothing but reverts to back to original for the files that only haven't been rewritten. If you uninstall and reinstall the mods completely, it should restore the mods to how they are meant to be.

Also, try starting a new game. See if it still does it there. From what I've read, installing and uninstalling different mods throughout a single save leaves behind traces of the old mod. So if you have ever installed a mod, then decided you didn't like it; there is a chance that you actually still have remnants of it that could potentially cause problems down the line for that save. Use save tool cleaner.

Archived