Trouble loading from loading screen

Guest vladimire159

Guest vladimire159

When I load up the main menu and start a new game everything works fine, same for if I try to load a previous save while playing Skyrim. However, if I try to load a previous save from Skyrim's main menu 9 times out of 10 it wont work.

Anybody know what causes this?

It's a common issue when you have alot of scripts running. Those scripts overload the game engine when loading a save.

A possible solution is to press tilde to bring up the console while on the main menu and use the following command:

coc qasmoke

That will place you in a sort of developer's testing room with a very light script load as a general level 1 character. Wait a few moments and then load your save from the games menu. Should work well :)

Guest vladimire159

It's a common issue when you have alot of scripts running. Those scripts overload the game engine when loading a save.

A possible solution is to press tilde to bring up the console while on the main menu and use the following command:

coc qasmoke

That will place you in a sort of developer's testing room with a very light script load as a general level 1 character. Wait a few moments and then load your save from the games menu. Should work well :)

Thanks! this is much easier than loading a new game each time!

Archived