CTD on savegame load, probably no memory issue

bopmop

hey, i need a little help.

i had a stable game with about 150 active mods (not sure how to get a textcopy of the complete load order but i dont think the issue is there)

i havnt changed anything in load order or added new mods, but my game is refusing to load new savegames.

i can load my youngest stable save and play on without any problems

i had this problem in the same game once before, loaded an older save an was able to play on

now, even if i start a new game (live another life) and save after mod registration my game refuses to load this.

my last stable save is about 17,5mb in size, new game saves are about 11mb. not sure the issue is here

im not sure how to read this papyrus log. is the issue directly above "vm is freezing"?

Papyrus.1.7z

16gb ram 

r9 380

hey, i need a little help.

i had a stable game with about 150 active mods (not sure how to get a textcopy of the complete load order but i dont think the issue is there)

i havnt changed anything in load order or added new mods, but my game is refusing to load new savegames.

i can load my youngest stable save and play on without any problems

i had this problem in the same game once before, loaded an older save an was able to play on

now, even if i start a new game (live another life) and save after mod registration my game refuses to load this.

my last stable save is about 17,5mb in size, new game saves are about 11mb. not sure the issue is here

im not sure how to read this papyrus log. is the issue directly above "vm is freezing"?

attachicon.gifPapyrus.1.7z

16gb ram 

r9 380

You get a text copy with Wyre bash, However the papyrus log is losing its mind over Estrus for some reason.

My first thought if you can load an earlier save and not a new one is that the save is corrupted for one reason or another.

I would suggest using a save cleaning tool, or cleaning your mods with TES5EDIT (neither of which Loverslab is allowing me to attach for some reason) Other than that assuming they don't work you may just have to eat the loss and use the earlier save.

Do you use NMM or MO?

thank you for the answer,

im using nmm for mods with fomod folder but most are installed manually

i tried up to ten earlier stable saves, but no new saves load at all.

even a completely new game, after mod registration, refuses to load a save.

ill give it a try without estrus

thank you for the answer,

im using nmm for mods with fomod folder but most are installed manually

i tried up to ten earlier stable saves, but no new saves load at all.

even a completely new game, after mod registration, refuses to load a save.

ill give it a try without estrus

So starting a new game, Saving it, And trying to load it doesn't work?

Hm, That sounds like too many scripts trying to activate. If the mods all work together that may not mean the settings you use through the MCM are compatible.

got it, more or less.

registering sl-animation-loaders animations causes this.

theres a limit to the number of animations sexlab can handle, right? so its either this or trouble with a specific pack/animation

got it, more or less.

registering sl-animation-loaders animations causes this.

theres a limit to the number of animations sexlab can handle, right? so its either this or trouble with a specific pack/animation

Well there's just a limit to how many scripts the game itself can handle activating all at once not Sexlab necessarily , But basically yes if too many are going on at once something bad is bound to happen.

i was able to solve the problem by removing "leito pack by leito" (deactivating wasnt enough had to remove every file)

still not sure the pack itself caused it or just to many animations with it.

strangely enough i had stable saves with this pack

thanks for your help... erm... bitch?!  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I had a very similar issue to this, so thanks for the help. I'll give it a shot now.

In case anyone else comes here looking whether this is what's breaking their game here's an easy way to check:

Save the game a few times over a period of a few minutes, separate slots.

Try opening the save games one by one in the SaveTool script cleaner.

Some (most) of them will crash the tool, some will still work.

The ones that load in the tool successfully can be loaded ingame.

Archived