NPCs wont talk

street2

Hi,

some Mod is currently making problems for me. NPCs wont talk to me, all they say are the following lines:

- Do I know you?

- I dont recognize you

- you shouldnt be here

They arent voiced and only visible with subtitles.

Does anyone know which Mod is causing this and how to fix it?

Happens mostly with AFS NPCs, but some others are affected as well.

Didnt think it was needed because the Lines these NPCs say are from a specific Mod.

Just to clarify what happened to those that Google this Topic:

AFS somehow started the Ravena Quest, since its currently buggy and I didnt want it in my Questlog I used setstage to "finish" it. That somehow made NPCs dont talk to me.

Didnt think it was needed because the Lines these NPCs say are from a specific Mod.

AFS somehow started the Ravena Quest, since its currently buggy and I didnt want it in my Questlog I used setstage to "finish" it. That somehow made NPCs dont talk to me.

Ah well I'm glad you found it out, But you didn't tell us what quest you thought it might have been so I was otherwise lost. ;P

I just assumed since it wasn't only AFS NPC's that it wasn't specifically that mod, But I guess it was.

Using console commands especially ones for finishing quests is always a big risk.

The console command "completequest <quest id>" (complete quest immediately) often only makes the quest in the Journal complete. The related NPCs may not recognize that you have completed a quest/task. And there, you got yourself a problem.

CC's can cause problems like making quests impossible to complete, altering your game's display, all kinds of game behaviors, your ability to play your character, and your ability to play the game at all. Solutions are not always easy, and may involve losing saved games or reinstalling your game.

Create a permanent saved game before using the console. (This mitigates only some kinds of risks.) If you need to use the console to fix a glitch, try to use the least powerful command possible.

Archived