TERRIBLE fps with good computer

Mewwt

Hi, so I've been getting some horrible FPS (not more than 20, usually 8~10). I've used Skyrim Performance Monitor and did the "tutorial" thingy. Here are the results:

KKxrPyq.png

I don't see where's the problem, since nothing seems to be bottlenecking anything, or any of my thingies (CPU usage %, temperatures or anything) seem to be even at more than 50% their capacity.

My graphic mods are these:

Ruins Clutter Improved

Skyrim HD - 2k Textures by NebuLa (complete version)

Static Mesh Improvement Mod

All sounds of skyrim mods (just in case)

Unofficial High Resolution Pack

HighRes TexturePack 01~03

The People of Skyrim Ultimate Edition

Any ideas?

Hi, so I've been getting some horrible FPS (not more than 20, usually 8~10). I've used Skyrim Performance Monitor and did the "tutorial" thingy. Here are the results:

KKxrPyq.png

I don't see where's the problem, since nothing seems to be bottlenecking anything, or any of my thingies (CPU usage %, temperatures or anything) seem to be even at more than 50% their capacity.

Ruins Clutter Improved

Any ideas?

Here's a couple of ideas

Skyrim HD 2K by Nebula is slightly heavy on it's own but your running it with the Vanilla high res DLC, which if you haven't optimized it or indeed not downloaded an optimized version of it you are literally destroying your frame rates, reason being is that HR:DLC is horribly optimized and actually causes more problems than proper 2K+ textures such as Skyrim HD.

Static Mesh Improvement Mod can be problematic if your using it with Enhanced Lights & FX (ELFX) and an enb, it will cause big issues, other than that, make sure you have SKSE.ini and enblocal.ini set up right for memory configuration (if your running enb that is)

Either optimize (or use optimized version of) HR:DLC or get rid of it, you will notice a difference.

KKxrPyq.png

Ruins Clutter Improved

Any ideas?

Here's a couple of ideas

Skyrim HD 2K by Nebula is slightly heavy on it's own but your running it with the Vanilla high res DLC, which if you haven't optimized it or indeed not downloaded an optimized version of it you are literally destroying your frame rates, reason being is that HR:DLC is horribly optimized and actually causes more problems than proper 2K+ textures such as Skyrim HD.

Static Mesh Improvement Mod can be problematic if your using it with Enhanced Lights & FX (ELFX) and an enb, it will cause big issues, other than that, make sure you have SKSE.ini and enblocal.ini set up right for memory configuration (if your running enb that is)

Either optimize (or use optimized version of) HR:DLC or get rid of it, you will notice a difference.

You can use ENB just for the memory and the fixes without the effects if you need that.

People of Skyrim is a pretty heavy duty mod as is, adding lots of npc and objects to the world, how much fps do you get without it?

I disabled people of skyrim and removed the high res texture pack (together with the unnoficial patch). It's much smoother now, but I think it should still be much better. I'm getting ~40fps on an interior cell (on helgen's inn, right before grabbing a sword or anything).

I mean, look at this (

), this guy is running it perfectly, and using a lot more stuff than me (playing at 720p resolution), ans also using SMIM.

Thanks for the help so far, I'll try to reactivate people of skyrim and see how many fps I get.

Edit: Ruins clutter and people of skyrim don't seem to affect my fps at all. I tried running around for a while and derping around riverwood. I still get ~40fps (and very unstable at times).

People of Skyrim is a pretty heavy duty mod as is, adding lots of npc and objects to the world, how much fps do you get without it?

I disabled people of skyrim and removed the high res texture pack (together with the unnoficial patch). It's much smoother now, but I think it should still be much better. I'm getting ~40fps on an interior cell (on helgen's inn, right before grabbing a sword or anything).

I mean, look at this (

), this guy is running it perfectly, and using a lot more stuff than me (playing at 720p resolution), ans also using SMIM.

Thanks for the help so far, I'll try to reactivate people of skyrim and see how many fps I get.

Nowhere in the video or the description does the guy state what mods he is using, only 2K textures, it could be that's all he is using but looking at that water it doesn't look modded and neither do the npc's, there is not nearly enough information to confirm that the video is accurate.

If your getting low fps in an interior cell, are you using Skyrim Project Optimization, designed for interior cells to improve performance by placing "Occlusion planes" to hide objects that are not visible at all, without that patch they still get rendered which could be the result of your low fps indoors.

It does say what he's using: Interesting NPCs, Lush Trees and Grass, Realistic Smoke and Embers, Skyrim HD (2k), Static Mesh Improvement Mod, Ultimate HD Fire Effects (between others)

I'll get the project optimization thingy, since it seems to help.

Edit: it.... actually... got worse? I just installed the LITE version of the 2K res pack and got the optimization mod, and I now get 30~ish fps, and it SHOULD be higher.

God this is desperating.

Okay, I made a few more tests: I tried disabling the 2K resolution pack, and SMIM (not uninstalling, just disabling, mentioning just in case it might make a difference). I still get 40-ish fps. There's something else that's derping my game really hard :/

Archived