Nifscope cant open .nif after using bodyslide to add tbbp bones

When i add breast and/or butt bones to an armor I made in 3ds max (exported successfully, works in game) with bodyslide, as per the usual method, i cant open that model up in nifscope. I get this loooong error message. Just to be clear nifscope doesn't crash when i open the model fresh from 3ds max.

The models work in game both before and after i use bodyslide. But the nifscope crash has me thinking i did something wrong when exporting from max or missed something crucial in the nifscope stage.

Any advice would be welcome. The models are available so you cool cats can take a look:

Edit: Oh! also, yes i am aware that the outfit has no assigned textures, but i cant imagine that would be the cause...

after tbbp.nif

before tbbp.nif

Well shave my back and call me an elf, i fixed it myself!!!!

Turns out i never gave the .nif a proper bsdismember skin modifier in max. In turn it ended up with a "NiSkinInstance" block in the trishape INSTEAD of what should have been the dismemberment mumbo jumbo, and in turn borked everything up...

Well, the more you know....

I guess this thread is answered

Archived