SKSE Used with MO suddenly stopped working! [SOLVED]

iBot27

Ok so here's the deal, I've been using MO with SKSe for years now so i know all about how to configure both SKSE and MO to be used with each other. Just want to get that out of the way in case I get step by steps on how to do something that I am already aware of.

The issue, SKSE started causing CTD suddenly for no apparent reason. I thought it was due to me switching out different mods with MO but i troubleshooted for hours and have come to the culprit which is SKSE in use with MO, somehow.

SKSE and MO were working flawlessly and have been working flawlessly prior to that moment when they stopped playing nice together.

So the issue is not any of the mods I have installed because I can literally deactivate every mod and just leave SKSE+ini activated within MO and Ill get a CTD. Also this issue occurred after I deleted my game save from with in my MO profile since I wanted to started fresh.

So to clear things up, I deleted my only save. and tried to start a new game when the CTDs started. I then began to troubleshoot deactivating mods thinking that it was an mod issue or a Load Order issue. But after much testing I couldn't pinpoint a mod to be the culprit. 

I have no mods installed at all, and I am using no saves of any kind, basically a fresh install. If I launch skyrim through MO with SKSE, the Menu loads and allows me to choose "NEW". I even get the loading screen after choosing "NEW" but only for a brief period before it CTDs.

Again, no mods installed and loading no save.

Here's how I know it involves SKSE, I can reactivate all my mods and then, through MO, use the "Skyrim Launcher" and bam no more CTDs. Although, obviously i get a lot of errors because mods need SKSE and SKYUI etc etc. but the point being is that the game will load. After seeing that the game loads with "Skyrim Launcher" used in conjunction with Mod Organizer, I proceed to retry SKSE in conjunction with MO only to receive yet another CTD.

I am baffled by this occurrence because I've been suing SKSE and MO forever now. Why the sudden CTDs???

If anyone can help me pinpoint a solution i'd greatly appreciate it. I really don't want to have to reinstall either Skyrim or MO with all my mods, I literally just did that like 4 days ago.  

Also I'd like to note that I did do my research before i decided to ask for help here at LL. I've spent hours now reading and I was getting frustrated reading people's attempts at solutions, reminded me of fuckin' customer service tech support, "Is your pc plugged in" WTF do you think ! :P

The guy from this thread seems to have the exact same issue as me but nobody was able to help him: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2021599-tried-everything-but-skse-mod-organizer-ctd/page-2.

Also same guy in STEP forums: http://forum.step-project.com/topic/5763-tried-everything-but-skse-mod-organizer-ctd/

UPDATE:

So after more trouble shooting I decided to start cleaning out my Skyrim folder of all its ENB files to start completely fresh outside of Mod Organizer's files. Upon deleting all of my ENB "series" files and folders, I retried loading Skyrim via SKSE+MO and Voila, like magic it loaded. SKSE AND MOD ORGANIZER ARE WORKING TOGETHER AGAIN, FUCK YES!

I had recently installed TAZ Visual Overhaul but never got around to using it because that was the last thing I installed right before the crashes. But because I was dealing with the .esp via Mod Organizer and seeing as the game still loaded outside of using SKSE launcher, i never figured TAZ to be the culprit or it's corresponding enb files. 

Here's something even more interesting and I should probably post on his nexus thread or maybe someone here can help, I managed to pinpoint the cause of my CTDs to one file exactly. There is a file called EnhancedENBDiagnostics.fxh that comes with his enb, well this file alone is the cause for SKSE not being able to load the game for me through Mod Organizer. If I simply delete that file and start SKSE through MO then my game loads perfectly fine. If I recopy that file back to my Skyrim Directory and start SKSE through MO, you guessed it, CT mutha fuckin D.

One file outside of MO and SKSE alike, "EnhancedENBDiagnostics.fxh" is causing an issue with MO and SKSE. As I said before, I was still able to load skyrim to completeness via MO using the "Skyrim Launcher" with all the TAZ enb files installed, specifically that EnhancedENBDiagnostics.fxh file, but anytime I used SKSE with that one file installed then I proceeded to get a  CTD.

I'm glad I got it all figured out and hopefully this bit of information could help others. Although, I'd still like to know why I am unable to use that file "EnhancedENBDiagnostics.fxh". I feel like without it the ENB wont be the same.

Archived