My FUCs are Resisting Helmets

Jeffglobal

I'm making Feline Urban Commandos, maybe into a companion, depending on how things go. 

I got a simple tube around the cat and it stays put like any armor should.  Today I tried to add the dog helmet to the cat because it was suggested and it should be simpler to accomplish than making the geometry myself.

After being scratched for a while, I spawned 14 cats and saw varying levels of armor drift...

post-1021001-0-37408100-1455223141_thumb.jpg

Now I'm thinking it can be a few things:

Cat skeleton isn't boned enough to take armor mods...?

Dog helmet, even though copied bone weights off cat body reference still needs some type of manipulation in Nifskope like a bounding sphere or something...?

Cat animation is buggy and it's unsolvable.

Idk

A trick to try. It's what I do with helmets.

Assuming you're using the vanilla cat as a model reference, and Outfit Studio to weight paint. On the helmet remove all bone weights, then paint it only to the head bone. Make that helmet solid red. I don't bother using any other weights because, best case it'll just stretch the helmet oddly. Worst case it will do what your images show.

*edit: I suppose you might get clipping from the ears if they're animated and move enough. I rarely see any cats in game so I dunno.

Archived